GEK_the_Reaper

CLOSED REX5 EF and SF: A word of frustration...

Hello all,

I'm not sure where this topic would fit but wanted to give you some insights of my simming days after the bundle purchase of REX EF and SF (and those days weren't good).

Foreword:

1. I always liked REX textures and find SF textures again beautiful!

2. I had a clean P3Dv4.5 installation reverted back to v4.4 client only due to the performance issue.

3. Did not had any shader Apps in use at the time I went for EF and SF

Since the purchase of the bundle, I managed to do ONLY ONE flight at dawn. I was impressed about the look of my sim which obviously did not show the exagerated bloom. The day I've completed the flight looked like a fair weather theme from P3D. Of course I was using Active Sky but the weather was generaly good.

The next day I wanted to start my next flight during daytime. It's then when the first problems started:

1. The Bloom! Since "The Bloom" happened I spent all of my time looking for answers: switching from forum to forum, trying combination of fixes, switching HDR On/Off...etc.

2. The Cirrus! There are two problems regarding Cirrus clouds: a) they pop in and out while panning and b) they look like a narrow repeated pattern in my sky (this happens only when running EF. Running SF without EF, the Cirrus layer appears normal)

3. The Popping. Cloud popping seems worse when using EF and SF in combo even with all "smoothing" settings turned on. Had cloud popping before EF and SF (means with ASCA) but they happened only when panning towards a new view (so to look e.g outside the left window of the cockpit). Looking straight foreward, cloud poppings did not realy occure...

4. The Fog. The fog behaves very strange near ground on my machine. It looks like the older clipping view issue where the visibility clears up at a fixed range in front of the ACFT during flight. It's like a sharp edge between low vis and high vis clearing up the terrain as moving foreward. I've seen this in the releases of Dovetail Flight Sim World...oh God was that annoying.

Guys...it seems like you pushed the last releases way to soon.

I held off from SF purchase when it was released, due to the reported issues. It took some Tech Updates to get it somehow stable. I can't tell if the product is stable today since it hasn't been long since I purchased it.

I got EF out of curiosity and IMHO, it is again far far away from a stable product.

As I said, since the purchase of the bundle it has been a continous agony of troubleshooting. I'm not happy at all at this time.

* Above Strikethrough edited by OP* Issue No.4 seems erroneusly reported by me as beeing an EF issue since the sim shows the same behaviour without EF or SF (it's a little less obious but that could be caused by different aspects). It was only fair for me to strike that point out of my negative report.

Edited by GEK_the_Reaper
  • Like 2

We are happy to address each of your issues. Regarding the Bloom a fix is coming.

The cirrus, please see if you can post a screenshot - before and after. We need more data here.

RE: The cloud popping, this may be a weather engine problem - can you disable SF and check?

RE: the fog. please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing as anomaly.

Thanks

Federico

8 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

2. The Cirrus! There are two problems regarding Cirrus clouds: a) they pop in and out while panning and b) they look like a narrow repeated pattern in my sky (this happens only when running EF. Running SF without EF, the Cirrus layer appears normal)

55 minutes ago, fs1 said:

The cirrus, please see if you can post a screenshot - before and after. We need more data here.

I also see this a lot and it's horrible as its an emersion killer.

Here you can see it same repeat clouds in blocks of 4.

wrong.jpg

• Like 1

@Nyxx cirrus in P3D are width-less. Zero width.

This is "normal" if your flight level is close to the cirrus top/bottoms. (cirrus == bottoms) as no width here.

Nothing we can do.

Federico

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, fs1 said:

This is "normal" if your flight level is close to the cirrus top/bottoms. (cirrus == bottoms) as no width here.

Nothing we can do.

Federico

"Nothing we can do."

There is something you can do Federico, you could stop it drawing them if the "call" is what you say or give an option to not draw Cirrus at all.

Also, I never saw them like that with ASP4 and SF, not once.

• Like 1

Also, I've seen them like this even sitting at the airport.

11 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Nothing we can do.

Federico

I've also seen this cirrus on the ground not close to the cirrus top/bottom.

Dear Federico @fs1,

here you go:

Topic Cirrus (exactly the same pictures as @Nyxx by the way):

This picture (below) shows EF / SF3D / no weather engine (of any kind).

2019-5-8_18-5-11-506.thumb.jpg.7c2975f7f4238985ca570432f9ad10fe.jpg

This picture shows SF3D / no EF / no weather engine (of any kind) 

2019-5-8_18-21-21-240.thumb.jpg.bed3753540849e60b3bbcebb58f3dd22.jpg

For The Fog issue I will shortly upload a video which says more then a picture. Stand by.

Edited by GEK_the_Reaper
  • Like 3

@Nyxx and @GEK_the_Reaper there is a bug with the cirrus in auto mode being fixed.

So this will be fixed shortly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, fs1 said:

@Nyxx and @GEK_the_Reaper there is a bug with the cirrus in auto mode being fixed.

So this will be fixed shortly.

Thanks ... I was looking for it too ... 😁

24 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

For The Fog issue I will shortly upload a video which says more then a picture. Stand by.

Yes, please let me know.

Thanks

Federico

16 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@fs1 Fog visibility near ground issue:

In my opinion, in this case, the fog is erroneously managed by Active Sky. Are you in Automatic mode? Is the fog in the Mini-GUI on Manual or OFF?

I think that are clouds... not fog. Never saw fog in small areas and not in others. If its foggy then its foggy throughout.

Where is that, how high is the elevation? Youre using volumetric fog or  cloudlayers to generate fog? Its a setting in p3d as well as skyforce.

Edited by SaenchaySor

@ciccio74 @SaenchaySor I'm was using EF in automatic mode (can't tell what the Mini-UI said but the last I checked I had nothing in Manual).

I am using both P3D and SF3D the volumetric fog setting.

I have uninstalled EF for now and returned to my previous settings: ASCA (with preselected theme / no clouds / no sky / no structures) / ENVTEX (sky / no clouds) / ENVSHADE / REX SF3D witth Denizen Cloud theme.

Hello. I think the best solution would be to limit the size of cirrus clouds to a value of 0.7 or a maximum of 0.5. if you notice my post about it, you see the value that goes down too much in the negative. and he does it based on what Active Sky tells him

42 minutes ago, ciccio74 said:

Hello. I think the best solution would be to limit the size of cirrus clouds to a value of 0.7 or a maximum of 0.5. if you notice my post about it, you see the value that goes down too much in the negative. and he does it based on what Active Sky tells him

We are working on a fix. Federico

• Like 2