Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

RESOLVED Advanced Filters

Can someone in the 'know' give a 'tech' description of these, what part of the SIM do they affect ,which one make 'live' changes to the SIM and do any off these need a 'recompile' to see the changes

DPX

Technicolor

Lift Gamma Gain

Tonemap

Rayleigh

Thanks

Clive

Edited by alpha117

Hi Alpha, you can find a discription and what they do in the EF manual ;)

Feel free to play with the settings and see what it lookes like, turn back to default if you don't like.

Dolf

Hi Dolf,

Yep, hence my question, this  seem a very 'generic' description' of these filters.

So, please can you tell me what, for example the DPX filter changes within the SIM.

A user should not have to spend time 'twiddling' just to find out what each one does 

image.png.67fb955672ad8df77f2e7aebcb5e9a02.png

3 lines in a manual that explains 'Post Processing Effect Filters', why?

Here is an example from another manual that explains 'Bloom'

image.png.f5e6bade8518befdb3403e65e880ef1d.png

That's all that is needed, just 3 simple lines that explains what each one does

These tweaks are not something that REX invented. YOu find those in every shader tool and also in ReShade. I would suggest to let them be if you dont know what they do. 

Try googling it and you will find that for most of these 3 lines is not enough. They take a lot of pics and text to really be explained. I would try reshade forum or professional picture editing places.

The first 3 or 4 are color grading tweaks that tell the color space and modify the range of it. You can imitate some effects that ae used in movies and such

Rayleigh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayleigh_scattering

"Rayleigh scattering of sunlight in Earth's atmosphere causes diffuse sky radiation, which is the reason for the blue color of the daytime and twilight sky, as well as the yellowish to reddish hue of the low Sun."

Edited by SaenchaySor