Sign in to follow this  
Mike Hart

CUSTOMER REVIEW What goes with What?

Hi originally had REX Essential 2.

Then I upgraded to REX Essential 3 and then REX Essential 3 Plus. 

I then got REX 4 or the cloud version but had a lot of trouble with it on my system and returned to using REX Essential Plus which gave me both cloud and water textures which would load into the sim and stay there. I had untold trouble with the weather engine of that program and abandoned that aspect until REX Sky Force came out. 

I find REX SkyForce to be excellent and it works seamlessly with my sim (FSX) and its weather engine works fine as well, I like it a lot. 

The question is as far as I can tell I am still relying on REX Essential for the water textures the same way I am still using REX Grasses II for grass textures. As far as I can tell REX SkyForce only takes care of clouds and the online real time weather engine so I am still relying upon the Essential Plus installation for water textures - IS THIS CORRECT?

IF SO - is there any more upgrade to water textures? I note the new dynamic program that allows adjustment across all textures but which textures will it be using? And do I have the correct setup all over?

On 5/7/2019 at 3:09 AM, Mike Hart said:

The question is as far as I can tell I am still relying on REX Essential for the water textures the same way I am still using REX Grasses II for grass textures. As far as I can tell REX SkyForce only takes care of clouds and the online real time weather engine so I am still relying upon the Essential Plus installation for water textures - IS THIS CORRECT?

Well, yes, but Sky Force has many other texture categories as well as 3D cloud model system. You are correct though, Sky Force does not contain water textures.

IF SO - is there any more upgrade to water textures?

If you are referring to REX Essential, no, we are not updating that program any further.

I note the new dynamic program that allows adjustment across all textures but which textures will it be using? And do I have the correct setup all over?

Which program are you referring to? Environment Force?