paj

RESOLVED Validation process failed - contact support

EV had been running well for me until today's hotfix.

On launching EF this afternoon I was notified of a new hotfix (1.1.1). I downloaded and applied this update and the main EF program still runs fine and now reports version 5.0.2019.506.

But upon starting a flight in P3D the mini-UI appears with all option removed and replaced by the message " validation process failed - contact support"

Help.

Peter.

Please try to launch EF again. Looks like some temporary problem with validation. I've seen the same message this morning.

Yes!

After a sting of verification failures I've just launched two consecutive flights in P3D successfully.

... and its just failed again with verification failure.  😞

Edited by paj

More validation failures. This is so frustrating.

Thanks. Your EF has not been able to validate.

Most probably it has not been seeing the EF in-sim mini GU.

Do you have a valid internet?

Thanks

Federico

Hi Federico,

EF has been working fine (including the mini-UI) until I applied today's update.

My Internet is also stable.

But since the update its been a lottery as to whether the miniUI works or displays the message "validation process failed - contact support". Note there are no errors displayed in the main exe program itself.

Hmmm - ok I'm now having greater success (ie no validation errors - at least not yet...) by simply running EF manually before launching P3D, instead of via my old technique. Prior to today's patch I'd been successfully running EF automatically via FSUIPC inbuilt RUN facility. But since the update I've regularly encountered the MiniUI displaying a validation error (when EF was launched via FSUIPC).

And I've just confirmed that running EF&P3D from a shell script also seems to avoid the validation error.

...so, as a test, let me just revert back to using FSUIPC.... yup validation failures!

Would today's patch have interfered with EF's validation process if launching EF at startup via FSUIPC?

Edited by paj

I don't think, that it has anything to do with FSUIPC or any hotfix. I got this error message two days ago three times and also yesterday. I start EF with windows, no FSUIPC or SIMSTARTER NG involved. Today I had no problems with validation. 

Kurt

1 hour ago, paj said:

Hi Federico,

EF has been working fine (including the mini-UI) until I applied today's update.

My Internet is also stable.

But since the update its been a lottery as to whether the miniUI works or displays the message "validation process failed - contact support". Note there are no errors displayed in the main exe program itself.

Let me check. What happened with the previous build? Did you see always the mini-GUI?

Thanks

Federico

Sorry to disturb this thread. I have a similiar problem, validation failed -1, but I have never seen the mini-GUI even in previous builds. I try to use atomated mode,  I don't bother about tweaking yet. It seems like mini GUI has no connection to server?? If EF at all?? It says running in the main UI.

Edited by Robsi60

The same here. It starts to get annoying. I try this software to get working since one week. 

I just made a reinstall and 503 is the most current version now. Rollback 😉. I did a reinstall hours ago and it was 506. But I dint have mini UI anymore with this validation failed error message. I feel like a Beta tester.

4 hours ago, fs1 said:

Let me check. What happened with the previous build? Did you see always the mini-GUI

Yes, previous build was fine: no problems seeing the miniUI and no validation errors.

And now that I'm no longer loading EF via fsuipc everything seems ok with the new build too.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:27 PM, wain said:

do you always start EF with a right click, run as admin? give it a try, maybe that's an issue....I always fire up SF - EF - P3D in that way in that order and everything has always been fine.. including all the updates...

This ^^^

I am running the 506 version but still have this message. Is there a solution to fix it or is it foreseen for the next hot-fix?

I'm having this same problem, could it be something with the VPN connection? If you check the EF settings and that "product ID" or something and below that IP, and that's messed up. I tried to turn of the VPN and then atleast that IPs correct...

I'm now trying to reinstall the whole thing...