portanav

RESOLVED ASP4, EnvForce and visibility problems

I have just discovered that when I manually change (reduce) the surface visibility in Active Sky Prepared, as I sometimes do, in order to practice Low-Vis approaches EnvForce will not allow the change to happen. I can see the visibility reduce to my setting (800m), but only briefly and then return to unlimited. The only way I can now get the low visibility I want for my approaches is to induce low cloud bases (not realistic), since going below the cloud base  my visibility suddenly becomes unlimited once again.

This never happened before, and only since I installed EnvForce. 

Please switch Fog mode in mini UI from Manual to off. It should help in this case. This should restore visibility control from AS.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Jarek said:

Please switch Fog mode in mini UI from Manual to off. It should help in this case. This should restore visibility control from AS.

That worked, but I must "Recompile Shaders" for it to do so. Is that how it is supposed too work?

If I select "Save Variables" would that save the "Fog Mode OFF" as selected?

Thanks,

Hmm, this is strange, I didn't have to recompile on my system.

For the second question, yes please save it and then you have to load your config each time. Hopefully this will be improved, so we could have configs marked as "autostart config" in UI and then they will be loaded automatically.

2 minutes ago, Jarek said:

Hmm, this is strange, I didn't have to recompile on my system.

For the second question, yes please save it and then you have to load your config each time. Hopefully this will be improved, so we could have configs marked as "autostart config" in UI and then they will be loaded automatically.

Hi Jarek,

I can confirm that when you turn off the fog control in the in-sim UI and 'save variable'. The next time you load flight, it's still 'manual' and 'load variable' does not affect it.

@fs1 Could we have fog mode parameter saved in the EF_save.xml?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jarek said:

@fs1 Could we have fog mode parameter saved in the EF_save.xml?

Saving fog mode parameter in a autostart config is a must.

• Like 1

Is this for manual mode?

The new build has a Save Last State tick in the in-sim menu. If you click it you won't have to re-tweak the fog (or any other variable) in manual mode when you load the sim.

Thanks

Federico

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Is this for manual mode?

The new build has a Save Last State tick in the in-sim menu. If you click it you won't have to re-tweak the fog (or any other variable) in manual mode when you load the sim.

Thanks

Federico

No, it is for Auto mode in EF and setting in Mini UI should be set to Fog Mode Off and not Fog Mode Manual. And this is not saved in Last State tick.

Edited by p4pe

11 minutes ago, p4pe said:

No, it is for Auto mode in EF and setting in Mini UI should be set to Fog Mode Off and not Fog Mode Manual. And this is not saved in Last State tick.

I will speak to @rstough on this. Thanks

Federico

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Is this for manual mode?

Thanks

Federico

That is not so. I ticked it and I still have to reselect OFF to the FOG mode and reload.

In the automation mode, we are not touching the visibility.  We are letting the weather engine control this function unless you are using the EF smoothing function.