ciccio74

CLOSED Strange Cirrus an bad texture

Hi everyone,
I find myself a strange problem. Cirrus clouds are like the following photo. In addition, the other 2 photos show, in addition to the bad quality of the textures, also the fact that they appear in the first visual, but they disappear as a turning point of view. In REX 3D Force and EF I set the DDS5 quality to 512. If I try to increase Cirrus in the Mini-GUI, I have a thick coverage of them and the texture quality is very poor. How can I solve it?

thank you

ExnvWuU.jpg

jqW3Yj0.jpg

YR1Rkg3.jpg

Hello, you see this when you start the sim, on default EF settings?

What other addons are you using?

Thanks

Federico

Hello,
I have a custom set loaded. But I start EF in AUTO mode. I have Active Sky for P3D.
I noticed that in Auto mode, the value of Cirrus changes like in the picture. In my customized MINI-Gui set (EF_save.xml) I set 0.7, but when I set it to activate it (I put the file in the folder C:\Users\MyName\Documents\REX 5\REX Environment Force and click in the "Load Variables" GUI), the cloud values change. it's normal since it's in Auto Mode, but I don't like cirrus clouds ...
I'm sorry if I send you photos, but it's to let you know what I mean

lGzauMt.jpg

This is the value that has changed thanks to my EF_save.xml file and which I just uploaded

z0efij4.jpg

Edited by ciccio74

Ok this is a bug, I will report this to @rstough

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Federico

• Like 1

This item has been marked as a fix item for the next patch.

• Like 1

This post is awaiting a hotfix.  

• Like 1

thanks for the prompt reply ... I'm trying other solutions by reading the various topics of this wonderful support forum. In essence I replaced the Aerosky shaders, with the original shaders of 4.5. For now it is working because the value of Cirri has stabilized on 0.7, as set in my configuration file. I'm afraid, as the weather changes and being in AutoMode, the value can go down ...

4 minutes ago, fs1 said:

This post is awaiting a hotfix.  

I love you REX

Ok ... just made a test with the default Shaders of P3D 4.5. The situation does not change. In Auto mode when the value drops below 0.7 or 0.5 (example 0.25 / 0.30) the Cirrus become long and thin, and therefore unwatchable ...

• Like 1

I've also this problem with cirrus textures in auto mode. But it's nice to know they are working on it. Anyway I just can't stop looking at what EF does. I've much other things to do, but I just keep stearing at sim these days. 😏 Thank god it's raining outside. Great job REX!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ciccio74 said:

but they disappear as a turning point of view

FYI same issue here

I have everything on auto and my clouds look a little better than default. Sorry to say but I am not seeing the same clouds from screenshots. They also look like there is no definition, just a white carpet. I also have the weird cirrus cloud layer above the cloud deck and I have all my settings on the highest levels. Thanks

In certain situations, i observed the same. Regards.

Edited by Alox

This item has been marked as a fix item for the next patch.

• Like 1