leonds14

CLOSED Cloud issues with EF

Hello there, ever since I installd EF I am getting these weird squared cloud shapes. How could I fix this? Would it help to turn off the Texture sync?

Also, even though the texture res settings in EF are the same as in SkyForce I am getting much bigger performance hits on overcasts since EF.

Screenshot (126).png

Screenshot_(127).png

Hard to tell if you don't post what other things you use in paralel. It could be that you mistakenly turned something on or off or you use things like ASCA or ENVTEX/ENVSHADE or else.

I've seen similar pictures at AVSIM but can't remember what it was. Mostly it's something not configured right.

14 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Hard to tell if you don't post what other things you use in paralel. It could be that you mistakenly turned something on or off or you use things like ASCA or ENVTEX/ENVSHADE or else.

I've seen similar pictures at AVSIM but can't remember what it was. Mostly it's something not configured right.

I only use Skyforce, ActiveSky and Environment Force.

Thanks I´ll have a look over in the avsim forums.

The issue is a result because we have now true overcast clouds and that weather injection by SF and AS is by dynamic weather, you may get this effect.

Weather themes are made up of filled squares. That is what you are seeing.  Are you using Automation mode of EF?

He isn't the only one seeing these cloud formations since installing environment force.

2019-5-5_10-38-40-498.jpg

Did you 2 use other shader tweakers like PTA or Tomatoshade before SF already? Or is this your first use of a tool that tweaks them.

I know this effect pretty well, from times way before EF.

https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?10448-Weird-patterns-in-the-clouds

Its not 100% the same but probably has its root in the same area. If you look at post date there it was in February, no EF installed.

Edited by SaenchaySor

We already discuss this in another thread. Environment Force does not touch the cloud grid system as it's not a weather generator.