hardmanrb

CLOSED EF Automation Mode Presets

Is it possible for the variables in the mini-gui, that can be saved, have those saved variables be automatically loaded during startup? I adjusted the ExposureKey but when I reload everything on the next flight, I have to reload the saved variable to get my tweaks back. Thanks. 

It looks like after the changes, you have to click SAVE PRESET on the main page

2 hours ago, hardmanrb said:

Is it possible for the variables in the mini-gui, that can be saved, have those saved variables be automatically loaded during startup? I adjusted the ExposureKey but when I reload everything on the next flight, I have to reload the saved variable to get my tweaks back. Thanks. 

That is my question too.

I prefer Automated Mode in EF and I have SF3D as well as Active Sky Weather. No other shader mods. I've set HDR on in P3D, and thus HDR is active in EF too. To my understanding HDR settings in P3D don't play any role as they are overruled in EF. Is this right?

Some light effects appear too bright, that's why I have adjusted some settings in EF HDR (e.g."exposure key"). Unfortunately I have to do these adjustments each time when I load P3D. Why can't EF remember my settings?

I don't want to tweak. I want to fly in  "realistic" weather dependent environment. That's all what I want.

Edited by hjmx
  • Like 2

Get it the way you want it, click the SAVE button on the in-sim mini-UI. Each time you load a flight, click the LOAD button directly below the SAVE button.

Maybe the question was a little vague and I know how to save (i did read the manual 😀).  Is there a way for those I saved, to be what is loaded without having to go through the UI and be my preset default?  If not it would be a nice feature for a future build. Thanks... and thanks also for making the flight sim experience better and better with all the REX programs past and present.

Remember we are changing the shader variables on the fly not via a file change.  So this is being stored in memory.  Once that memory is released so are the changes.  However, we will look into a solution so that you can set a default file and it will load automatically when you load your SIM.

I would appreciate such a feature too, as the HDR settings are unaftected from the saved variables and needs to be deactivated seperately, which is anoying.

Fully agree. I have found that turning off HDR in the mini UI solves the excessive bloom issue for me. I would like to be able to disable it permanently and not having to wait on every startup for the shaders to reload first and then waiting a second time while they reload after turning HDR off in the mini UI  

TBH I still don’t understand how EF HDR is supposed to lay on top of P3D HDR and interact with it (but I can confirm disabling EF HDR does not disable P3D HDR and removes the excessive bloom). 

Is it possible to add such an option in the main UI or have this permanently saved in the mini UI?

Regards, 

Vlad