Jump to content
winstonwolf

CLOSED Cloud Resolution Settings EF / SF ?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

In EF there is under Options a Setting where you can manage which resolution the Clouds have.

But in SF there is also a Setting where you can config the resolution of the Stratos and Cumulus Clouds.

Im a little bit confused .

i thought when I use SF together with EF then the Clouds comes from SF and therefore I config the Resolution there .

Inject EF also Clouds in the Sim ? 

 

Michael

 

Edited by winstonwolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael,

There are resolution settings in EF that will override the ones in SF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timest999 said:

Michael,

There are resolution settings in EF that will override the ones in SF. 

If you are running EF in Auto mode, are the resolution settins taken from SF?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Crabby said:

If you are running EF in Auto mode, are the resolution settins taken from SF?

The resolutions settings are taken from EF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Timest999

On Auto Mode, how are the resolutions determined by EF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Timest999

On Auto Mode, how are the resolutions determined by EF?

To whatever you set them to in the UI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

To whatever you set them to in the UI.

Lets try this again.  ON AUTO MODE how are the resolutions determined by EF.  It is NOT whatever you set them, as there is no way to set them on AUTO MODE

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Crabby said:

 

Lets try this again.  ON AUTO MODE how are the resolutions determined by EF.  It is NOT whatever you set them, as there is no way to set them on AUTO MODE

I hope you will get a quality answer. Still waiting for my answers about sky textures from SF in conjunction with EF in another post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Support can correct me if I'm wrong, but whatever textures/resolutions you have set in Settings/Textures (currently only accessible by switching to Manual Mode as far as I can see) will be used by EF in Automation Mode.

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crabby said:

 

Lets try this again.  ON AUTO MODE how are the resolutions determined by EF.  It is NOT whatever you set them, as there is no way to set them on AUTO MODE

Lets try this again.  U HAVE TO GO INTO THE UI IN MANUAL MODE AND SET YOUR RESOLUTION.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

Lets try this again.  U HAVE TO GO INTO THE UI IN MANUAL MODE AND SET YOUR RESOLUTION.

If this is the case, then any setting you set under manual mode would be held if Auto Mode is activated.  I doubt that that is the case.  I can't find anywhere where that is stated as being the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When EF is first started it asks you to run Tweak Free or I Love to Tweak, these are the Automatic Modes and the Manual Mode selections.  If you just installed the program for the FIRST time and selected Tweak Free (Auto Mode), how does EF determine the resolution of the textures it will pull from SF?  If you don't know the answer that is ok, there are REX Staff and programmers here that probably do.  Making up an answer is not a sign of knowing.  However I look forward to your next gif.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually a very good question. I would be in doubt too. THis should be spliit from Manual mde and put somewhere in the overall settings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Crabby said:

If this is the case, then any setting you set under manual mode would be held if Auto Mode is activated.  I doubt that that is the case.  I can't find anywhere where that is stated as being the case.

If you don’t believe anyone just test it yourself.  I performed a couple flights set to 512.  I then switched it to 4096 and performed a couple flights.  It is very obvious to see the resolution EF is injecting.  The resolution stayed consistent to my settings.  I ran all tests in auto mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

If you don’t believe anyone just test it yourself.  I performed a couple flights set to 512.  I then switched it to 4096 and performed a couple flights.  It is very obvious to see the resolution EF is injecting.  The resolution stayed consistent to my settings.  I ran all tests in auto mode.

It's less than a matter of believing anyone than needing some sanity in the forum.  Too many people offering too many solutions, facts etc, and it makes actual support harder and makes the REX teams job harder because they have to undo many wrong concepts.  This texture issue is one that should have been in the manual and not continued to be left to the testing of users and their perceptions.  So let's let REX give the difinitive answers here and we will all have a better working product because of it.

Going to manual mode to change settings and then reverting to auto mode makes ZERO sense at all.  If that is the way it works then in fact we are all going to be operating on manual mode since you have to go there to make the adjustments.  This may in fact be the way it works, but it would not be INTUITIVE for anyone.  Frankly I don't want to spend time testing user theories when the forum is here for us to get straight answers from those that already know them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Going to manual mode to change settings and then reverting to auto mode makes ZERO sense at all.  If that is the way it works then in fact we are all going to be operating on manual mode since you have to go there to make the adjustments.  This may in fact be the way it works, but it would not be INTUITIVE for anyone.

I don’t see why this is so difficult.  You go into manual mode change your resolution and switch back to auto.  It’s literally like 3-4 mouse clicks.  And how often are you really going to be changing resolutions?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

I don’t see why this is so difficult.  You go into manual mode change your resolution and switch back to auto.  It’s literally like 3-4 mouse clicks.  And how often are you really going to be changing resolutions?  

Dude, it does not matter if it is easy, hard, or other.  I want to know, from REX, where EF determines the resolution of textures it injects.  I don't care how you think I do it or how simple you think it is.  That was not the question.  Since the manual does not address this issue, I want REX to put it out.  I may change computers, video cards, what have you and I would like to have this knowledge firm for my use in the future.  So bugger off and let REX answer my question.  If I have a question for the peanut galler I will address it as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crabby said:

Dude, it does not matter if it is easy, hard, or other.  I want to know, from REX, where EF determines the resolution of textures it injects.  I don't care how you think I do it or how simple you think it is.  That was not the question.  Since the manual does not address this issue, I want REX to put it out.  I may change computers, video cards, what have you and I would like to have this knowledge firm for my use in the future.  So bugger off and let REX answer my question.  If I have a question for the peanut galler I will address it as such.

Ok wait for your answer from REX.  They will tell you the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

I don’t see why this is so difficult.  You go into manual mode change your resolution and switch back to auto.  It’s literally like 3-4 mouse clicks.  And how often are you really going to be changing resolutions?  

Exactly. @Crabby, the OP's question was answered by support in the second post. Your question was answered right after you asked it. I'm not sure why you keep pressing this matter. YOU determine the texture resolution by what YOU set in Settings, which is accessible by activating Manual Mode. Sure, perhaps settings should be independent of the mode you are currently in (I'm not sure why there isn't a gear icon in Auto Mode) but this topic is about Texture Resolution, which is the same whether you are in Auto mode or Manual mode! In Manual mode, the dashboard shows you what you can tweak yourself. And you ask what the resolution would be if you never go into Settings to change/set it??? What is the point of that??? It's whatever the default texture resolution of EF is when it's installed, which is probably contained in the SQL database.

No need for a different gif - that one still fits.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SaenchaySor said:

actually a very good question. I would be in doubt too. THis should be spliit from Manual mde and put somewhere in the overall settings.

It IS in the overall settings, under Settings/Texture Settings. There you can specify which texture source to use AND the resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

So bugger off and let REX answer my question.  If I have a question for the peanut galler I will address it as such.

I would recommend losing your attitude.  REX support answered your question then I followed up trying to answer as well.  Both responses were accurate yet for some reason you decide to cry and complain.  From the way you are acting you are either young (probably a spoiled millennial) or just a DB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RRVyper said:

No need for a different gif - that one still fits.

I feel it is necessary to post the gif again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I would recommend losing your attitude.  REX support answered your question then I followed up trying to answer as well.  Both responses were accurate yet for some reason you decide to cry and complain.  From the way you are acting you are either young (probably a spoiled millennial) or just a DB.  

 

26 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I feel it is necessary to post the gif again.

LOL, first of all you know nothing about me.  Whether I am a millenial, or a retired Gunny from the Marine Corps.  You have not a clue.  However, we can tell a lot about you.  As you must be aware, there was a lot of misinformation placed on this board by non REX personel.  I asked a question of REX support.  You and Vypr chiming in does nothing for my comfort level with your answers.  It is that simple.  You are mad I don't find comfort in your responses.  For example, the response below

35 minutes ago, RRVyper said:

It IS in the overall settings, under Settings/Texture Settings. There you can specify which texture source to use AND the resolution.

That is a false statement.  If you are running in AUTO mode there is no OVERALL settings area.  Period.  End of discussion. You HAVE to change modes.   I have never, since the days of the TRS80, seen a program that makes you go into manual mode to make a setting switch, then back to auto mode.  You are in one or the other.  That being the case, I am suprised that this is the way to do it with EF.  It is a first.  Now that I heard it from REX, I trust the answer.  I do not place my faith in the presumed ability of a non player.  Again, there was too much disinformation regarding operation put out by users.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Crabby said:

You are mad I don't find comfort in your responses. 

I’m not mad at all.  I don’t need your acceptance to be able sleep tonight.  The issue I see to much unfortunately these days is people like you showing a cocky attitude towards people trying to help.  All you had to do was say thank you for the response instead of playing keyboard tough guy.  Pathetic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • See our many awards!

×
×
  • Create New...