Sign in to follow this  
windowseat73

RESOLVED Aircraft and VC Lighting and Shadows

Hi guys,

I'm using tomato and PTA to try and adjust the aircraft and VC lighting and shadows, but the changes don't take effect in the sim after EF is installed.  I've tried to restore shaders, run P3D with and without EF and ran EF in automatic mode, and the results are the same.  I also uninstalled EF, opened P3D, and everything was fine.  So, this means that EF does something to my shaders even when the program isn't running?  I want to find a way to adjust these components while running EF.  Is this something that you can address.  As it stands now, the only way I can diminish the cockpit lighting is to go into manual mode and lower the scene lighting, which of course, lowers the lighting of everything else.

John

To confirm have you installed the latest update we provided yesterday?

Hi Reed, Yeah I did all of that.  I ended up uninstalling EF, reinstalling client and starting fresh.  I think it has always worked- but the bloom is so intense that it cancels out the effect.  I turned off hdr in the UI, because even at the lowest settings, the bloom is too much in automation mode.  if there's a way to add a function to dial back the bloom even more, it would be a great addition. 

Also, I think chaseplane fudges up the effects too.  Sometimes when I'm in the vc and look at a bright area before looking forward again, the bloom doesn't fade properly (even after dialing back settings in the UI).  After changing views and then cycling back things go back to normal.  Turning off experimental versions in CP helps, but not always.  So for now, HDR off is the only real solution that I know of unless you have any other suggestions.

Thanks for being available to answer so many requests this week.  This is going to be a great program.

John

Edited by windowseat73

John, 

We have reworked our HDR. It will be in the next update.

Cheers!