Sign in to follow this  
Wolkenschreck

RESOLVED Water - no movement?

So the water looks very good with EF. But I noticed (at least in automation mode) that all water movements are gone now. I mean the swell and not the effect based wave at the coasts.

Is this only something on my setup or are water movements removed with EF?

Best,
Christoph 

The water under automation will change based upon the weather conditions.  If the weather is calm then it will reduce the effect of waves.

• Thanks 1

Hi Christoph, 

In automation mode the water movement is influenced by the weather. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Christoph,

To see wave animations in P3Dv4, your water setting needs to be at Ultra (max setting), and wind needs to have certain speed, I don't recall the threshold, but for sure they will be there at 20 knots.

HTH, Jarek

• Thanks 1

Once again, amazing support you do here! Thank you, Reed, Tim, and Jarek.

And needless to say that the water textures and reflections, of course, do look better with EF. Great job there. But I can not get any water movement.

Guess a video is more than a thousand words. The two clips were recorded with the same weather setting and with EF, the water is pan-flat and has not the slightest movement. AS4 was used as the weather engine. 

LFMN 030800Z 0309/0415 09010KT 9999 FEW030 SCT150 BKN250 BECMG 0322/0324 34010KT SCT025 BKN090 PROB30 TEMPO 0403/0407 -SHRA FEW020 BKN060TCU BECMG 0408/0410 15010KT BKN025 BECMG 0414/0415 CAVOK

Stock shaders without REX Environment Force - light swell:

The same situation with REX Environment Force - no water movement at all:

Best,
Christoph

• Thanks 1

Your Water Detail needs to be at Ultra))

Edited by BMW969
  • Thanks 1

Ahhh, I am such an Idiot. I just looked for the wind condition but did not check the water detail setting. I assumed that the slider would result in the same behavior . You were both correct, Jarek and BMW969. Thank you.

Maybe this can be added to the manual? Could not find any recommended water setting there.

Nevertheless, the water looks fantastic now. Today I could also see the first cloud dissipation and it was amazing. REX has done a great job and I really like what I see so far.

The topic can be closed and once again thank you for bearing with me.

Christoph

• Like 2