Guys,

After installing Environment Force into P3D V4.5, my screen is just black.  How do I fix this?  This is a clean install of P3D V4.5 after I had ENVSHADE mess up my PBR textures in V4.4.

Thx,

Dave Freeman

P3D V4.5.JPG

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I have it too! All sounds working, but nothing on the screen - all black. I am running SkyForce & ActiveSky (with no problems previously), however since installing REX Environment Force, my screen is completely black but have all the sounds as if I have the visuals but cannot see anything whatsoever!

Looks like a uninstall so I can fully enjoy P3D.... (& my hard earned money up to no good)

Any suggestions? Otherwise, have I wasted my money??!!! - Not a happy bunny as we say in the UK!

Thanks
Rick

Edited by RickJH

Understand that the sim is rebuilding the shader files.  This could take several minutes depending on the scenery you have loaded.

Guys, 

How long does this happen? If you see here, on page 48 of the user manual: "Upon entering a flight, you will notice a brief blackout in-sim while the shaders are being rebuilt."

Mine takes 24 seconds, but I figure on each machine that will be different.

I've been sitting in front of my black screen for 5 minutes now...not exactly what I'd call brief.

Has this product been tested on QW757.  Do the shaders not work with PBR?

35 minutes ago, dfreemanfso said:

Has this product been tested on QW757.  Do the shaders not work with PBR?

Yes and yes.

Never heard of the shader rebuild that took this long. 

Please close everything, restart PC and start P3D without Environment Force and enter a flight. See what happens and report back.

18 minutes ago, timest999 said:

Yes and yes.

Never heard of the shader rebuild that took this long. 

Please close everything, restart PC and start P3D without Environment Force and enter a flight. See what happens and report back.

Done...still black screen.  I tried to load the QW 787 at Flightbeam KSFO with all the ORBX products.  I then tried to load the default flight and got the same thing.

And that is with EF not even running?

Posted (edited)

Yes sir.  No EF was running.  I'm going to guess that my next step is to uninstall EF, delete my shader and backup shader folder, and try to start a flight, but I wont do anything until you say so.

Edited by dfreemanfso

Update:  

I uninstalled EF and deleted my shader folders in P3D.  I started the sim and it worked fine.  I reinstalled EF and had the black screen problem again.  Based on my issues and the number of other posts with the same problem, it is clear that this product simply does not work.  I don't know what else to do besides delete it and hope you fix it so I haven't wasted my money.

This is very disappointing.  

Ok, let me alert one of our developers. Sorry :( 

I am in the same boat totally black screen with just the noise of the sim. 

I have switched HDR off and the sim comes to life but as you will see from the attached the scenery clearly looks wrong

Screenshot_1.png

Same here.. to have screen back to normal I have to switch HDR ON

Is anyone with this issue using multiple monitors with P3D not set up for using the Primary monitor? I have been suffering with the black screen and from another post I decided to try moving my display over to the Primary. It worked! I later discovered that you can just 'restore down' the P3D window, drag it over to the Primary monitor (your display should come back) then drag it back to the monitor you want it on. Btw, HDR is ON. Now, to see if I can get the mini UI to show on the other monitor... (it did show up when running on the Primary - at least initially).

I hope REX can make it so this workaround is unnecessary.

Randy

It appears that the mini-UI will not follow the display over to the Secondary monitor. It disappears, and moving the main window back to the Primary monitor does not make it re-appear. 😒

I must say the sim looks beautiful though.

I guess we'll wait for a fix...

Randy

Posted (edited)

Hi Randy.

That is pretty much what i worked out with the 2 monitor.

I hope they can fix it as i want P3d on my second screen, not my primary.

ps i have not worked out when you send it to the second screen EF's modifications are being done as they should be.

Edited by anzac1977
Add comment

I have done some testing...

I made my P3D-dedicated monitor the primary monitor. This fixed the black screen issue. When I loaded up P3D (of course, having loaded up EF before doing so), the screen was only black for the usual 20 seconds or so. However the mini UI was still missing. The fix I have found for this is to turn off "Auto-fill Main View" in the sim's display settings. The mini UI then appears. After that, you can go back and enable the option and the mini UI will stay. So what I do is turn it off before I start a flight, then once the scenario is loaded I turn it back on. It is quite an inconvenience so I hope this can be fixed.

Ok so i statrted EF first and then started Prepr3d on my primary monitor and as you say everything worked fine. I do however have a problem with the UI as when i moved Prepr3D away from my primary monitor and across to the 3 screens that i use the UI disapperared even turning off auto fill and when i move back to primary it still doesnt appear. Just another question when you start up in the primary and move across does it still work? I am not fussed with the UI being visible as i intend to let EF manage the sim

I have not tested it, but just from the original problem it seems EF has problems with other monitors, so I'm just keeping it on primary. I should also say too that I only use P3D on one monitor, I don't use it across multiple screens. Hopefully REX can make a hotfix for this.

Hope so as i use 3 monitors, i am sure they will sort out just need to have some patience

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, anzac1977 said:

Hi Randy.

That is pretty much what i worked out with the 2 monitor.

I hope they can fix it as i want P3d on my second screen, not my primary.

ps i have not worked out when you send it to the second screen EF's modifications are being done as they should be.

Hi @anzac1977,

Yes, it was your post that I read. All credit to you for isolating the issue. Since that thread was locked I posted my results on this one.

@marsh1565, when I start on the Primary and move the main window across, I lose the mini-UI and it never comes back, even when I drag it back to the Primary. I am only using P3D on my Secondary monitor, not spread across the two.

Edit: EF seems to be functioning when I drag it across to the Secondary, just no mini-UI.

Randy

Edited by RRVyper
Additional info and typo.

Well this is interesting.  I'm using three monitors but have it set up as one large monitor and drag P3D across all three for flying.  I guess I could try it with one monitor, and see if I can drag it after the sim loads.

This item has been marked as a fix item for the next patch.