mpw8679

CLOSED Cloud and sky texture EF/SF

Hello,  When running EF in automation mode does it use only the sky and cloud texture theme I installed with Sky Force?  Or does it use all textures available regardless of what I manually installed before starting the sim?

Really? Why does the manual state under automation mode: 

"Enable Automatic Texture Sync
When this feature is enabled it will swap textures based upon real-time weather conditions."

Why would this not be the same as under manual mode where you can select different SkyForce texture sets (i.e. themes?) and load them on the fly?. In manual mode you can select texture sets, for example 'Denizen', 'Petrichor', 'Aesthetic' etc. and synchronize them into the sim.

Are you really saying that in automatic mode Environment Force limits itself to only theme while the sim is running? That is: for example, that it is only picking textures from within the 'Denizen' texture set in automation mode? Or can it automatically inject textures from other texture sets as well?

I am also confused about this.

I understood that in Auto mode EF would change the cloud textures to suit the current weather it has detected.  If it does not do this and only swaps the models, is this not what SkyForce already did?

I am sorry, but you are correct.  It does automate texture sync automatically within automation mode.

7 minutes ago, rstough said:

I am sorry, but you are correct.  It does automate texture sync automatically within automation mode.

Outside of the textures that were installed with the user theme in sky force?

15 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Outside of the textures that were installed with the user theme in sky force?

Yes that is correct.  In the automation mode is an Enable automatic texture sync.  This will sync textures during the smoothing process based upon weather conditions.  This will only overwrite during the session, but once you restart the sim it will revert to the original INSTALLED set.

9 minutes ago, rstough said:

Yes that is correct.  In the automation mode is an Enable automatic texture sync.  This will sync textures during the smoothing process based upon weather conditions.  This will only overwrite during the session, but once you restart the sim it will revert to the original INSTALLED set.

Both cloud and sky colors?  The reason I ask is I will still use ASCA/Envtex for sky colors if EF does not do this function.  I want different sky color sets injected automatically not the same set all the time.

34 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Both cloud and sky colors?  The reason I ask is I will still use ASCA/Envtex for sky colors if EF does not do this function.  I want different sky color sets injected automatically not the same set all the time.

If you are using ASCA / Envtex then disable the "Enable automated texture sync" feature in the automation mode.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

57 minutes ago, rstough said:

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

I think there is still some confusion regarding sky color textures from several users.  Does EF inject sky colors along the same terms as cloud textures?  Using all textures available in Sky Force depending on weather conditions?  I believe the slider option in automation mode references only cloud textures.  There is no mention of sky color textures anywhere in automation mode.

We need to change that explanation, but here is the way it is coded.

During automation mode, if there is more moisture in the atmosphere we will use VAP skies.  If not we will use more standard.  This is very subtle and probably not noticeable. This does not update all the time or at each transition. 

I will mark this down as a fix item.

This item has been marked as a fix item for the next patch.

10 hours ago, rstough said:

We need to change that explanation, but here is the way it is coded.

During automation mode, if there is more moisture in the atmosphere we will use VAP skies.  If not we will use more standard.  This is very subtle and probably not noticeable. This does not update all the time or at each transition. 

I will mark this down as a fix item.

OK thank you for the explanation.  But lets say I start the sim at KSEA and complete a short flight to say KPDX.  I shut down the sim and restart a flight at KPHX.  Will EF automatically change the sky color textures picking from all available textures in SF to compensate for the hotter and less humid weather in the desert?   So basically If I install a sky color set in SF will EF change the sky color set automatically depending on location and weather conditions.