Sign in to follow this  
Vasily

RESOLVED What is this and why is it "Waiting"

Hello, 

Please see the attached screenshot. 

Why is Enable 3D cloud Morphing -Waiting and Enable cirus cloud morphing --waiting, and Scene lighting togeter with water control  "waiting" 

Thank you, 

REX EF.png

Edited by Vasily

8 hours ago, Vasily said:

Hello, 

Please see the attached screenshot. 

Why is Enable 3D cloud Morphing -Waiting and Enable cirus cloud morphing --waiting, and Scene lighting togeter with water control  "waiting" 

Thank you, 

REX EF.png

I am very sorry for the long posting for this.  Waiting means that it is waiting for the next weather refresh and if there is changes it will change to Running - meaning is is running the automation process on that area.  No issues here.  This is normal.

Sometimes you may see waiting for a period if the weather elements between refresh are very similar it will not make any modifications.

Hello;

Thank you for actually answering my question and not telling me to re-install lol :) Much appreciated! 

From my understanding, "Enable real-time weather data read" should be turned ON while using Active Sky? Correct? As I have seen others say it should be turned off. Would you or your team members confirm this please? 

Thanks again, 

With Best Regards, 

I would leave this ON, what you actually need to turn OFF when using in combination with AS is weather smoothing.

Cheers!

@Vasily To explain a bit more, if "Enable real-time weather data read" is turned ON, EF app will connect to REX server and retrieve latest/current metar data from there.

If "Enable real-time weather data read" is OFF, then EF will  pull data from the sim (and sim will have weather pushed by AS or other engine)

I would not recommend having 2 sources of truth for the same thing which is weather data here. AS and REX have their own weather databases and we don't know how they are processing it. So data set for given station could be different at a given point of time. Difference is not big usually, but for short-living phenomenon like thunderstorm this may be important. Moreover, they will be different if you use custom or historic weather. In my opinion, in this case it is better to turn this option OFF and relay on weather supplied by AS to the sim.

Now if you use SF as an engine, this is different. In this case this is the same dataset (same data on REX server), so you may leave this option turned ON.

• Like 2

Hi Vasily, did Jarek help with this? Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Hi;

thank you, all is clear now.

• Like 1