Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

FIX ITEM Auto mode and ExposureKey in the MiniUI

Another question, sorry!

If using EF in Automatic mode, like I see being reported people seem to prefer turning ExposureKey in the MiniUI to a very low level.

Question is when starting a new flight everything being started afresh with EF auto mode remember the setting. Other words does it keep the lowExposureKey setting?

Thank you.

I think you have to click 'Load variable' each time, at least that's what I do.

Edited by jetbluefan

interesting!

So it sounds like you have to load your variable every time, that's disappointing. I take it, it only saves and loads your last variable, not like presets?

In Auto mode I don't want another window to close ones in the sim but if we have to load our variables every time...I see why, A bit messy I wish it just saved them and an option to turn back to default. Not have to load every time.

Do pre-set work as a one time save/load under Auto mode?

EF comes with a huge learning curve.

Edited by Nyxx

Mini UI changes are not persistent. You need to save them and then load each time. I understand what you mean, this is quite complex. Probably this can be improved.

Settings from mini UI, when saved are stored and history can be reviewed in Main UI at Settings -> Preset Backup tab. You can load previous set from there and then use mini UI to load this set to sim.

If you use just mini ui, then you can load the last set that was saved.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

interesting!

So it sounds like you have to load your variable every time, that's disappointing. I take it, it only saves and loads your last variable, not like presets?

In Auto mode I don't want another window to close ones in the sim but if we have to load our variables every time...I see why, A bit messy I wish it just saved them and an option to turn back to default. Not have to load every time.

Do pre-set work as a one time save/load under Auto mode?

EF comes with a huge learning curve.

My take,

- HDR in general is very confusing.  The manual needs to explain this much better.  I experimented with HDR settings in both the sim and EF for a few hours and I still don’t have a complete understanding of how EF interacts with P3D HDR.

- Might be my setup but the EF HDR settings need a wider range of adjustment.  When HDR is enabled in EF it seems to override any settings in P3D and there is not enough adjustment to tone down the bloom and brightness.

- Better explanation regarding compatibility with PTA, TS, Envshade, Envtex, Active Sky, ASCA, And Sky Force.  The general consensus I gather from REX is that it is compatible with everything.  Ok but if I decide to use ASCA/Envtex (my preference) over Sky Force what features and visuals am I missing out on?

- I was really hoping after all this talk about dynamic on the fly shaders, clouds, lighting, and textures Envshade/PTA would no longer be needed.  I still find I need to use Envshade to achieve a realistic looking simulation.  

Edited by mpw8679
  • Like 1

I would call that realistic enough.... No Envtex even touched here. Thats is only tomatoshade and Skyforce. Viola.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Tomatoshade-Summer13.pngTomatoshade-Summer15.png

unknown_8.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown_5.png

Edited by SaenchaySor
  • Like 5

Yes Please! It looks awesome! Can you talk us through which presets, settings and EF settings you are using? Thanks!

Thank you :-)

Sorry if it did sound as if im using EF in those pics, that was just from Skyforce and my own tomatoshade preset. Im currently still waiting for the fix that should arrive soon, then i will dive into EF. On the other hand i expect the EF shader tool to use the same shaders, so if someone is not using TS he would get same look (or pretty much same) by entering the values from my preset into EF. 

But since i didnt install it yet i dont want to speculate too much. I can let you know when i tried it myself of course.

And I can tell you the Theme  and also will post you 2 a link to the TS profile, its on my own page and i surely dont want to advertise it here, probably against some forum rules too ^^

In Skyforce you will find SENSE8 in the community themes and the TS preset ill send you.

EDIT: Ok, i dont see a messaging feature here so i post the direct links.

Use this profile for usage WITH a TS reflection profile on aircraft installed

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bN4A7tQPy8a_3V_fMzjy-cZuoAlpFNWZ

And use this for usage WITHOUT a TS reflection profile on aircraft installed

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SB_Kh_0VtlqpCd-WY1d2YC11Lz9QGEB6

Edited by SaenchaySor

On 5/1/2019 at 8:16 PM, SaenchaySor said:

Thank you 🙂

Sorry if it did sound as if im using EF in those pics, that was just from Skyforce and my own tomatoshade preset. Im currently still waiting for the fix that should arrive soon, then i will dive into EF. On the other hand i expect the EF shader tool to use the same shaders, so if someone is not using TS he would get same look (or pretty much same) by entering the values from my preset into EF. 

But since i didnt install it yet i dont want to speculate too much. I can let you know when i tried it myself of course.

And I can tell you the Theme  and also will post you 2 a link to the TS profile, its on my own page and i surely dont want to advertise it here, probably against some forum rules too ^^

In Skyforce you will find SENSE8 in the community themes and the TS preset ill send you.

EDIT: Ok, i dont see a messaging feature here so i post the direct links.

Use this profile for usage WITH a TS reflection profile on aircraft installed

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bN4A7tQPy8a_3V_fMzjy-cZuoAlpFNWZ

And use this for usage WITHOUT a TS reflection profile on aircraft installed

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SB_Kh_0VtlqpCd-WY1d2YC11Lz9QGEB6

I'll only find Sense7, no SENSE8.

Nice pictures.

Oh really? Maybe i spelled it Sens8. I will check. But i can tell you the sky numbers

For Dawn: Nr 19, Daytime Nr 41 Dusk Nr 6.

HDR

Brightness: 1.0 to 1.10
Bloom: 0.04 to 0.10
Saturation: 1.00

Thank you 🙂

@Urmel81