Xiropillo

CLOSED Why things so complicated REX?

Good morning. 

Just purchased REX Environment Force and downloaded files from purchasing mail.

Instead of downloading directly program files I get a download manager that is installed in my PC. 

After running manager I downloaded another file.

Installed new product without option to choose in which folder.

As I don’t want more programs or files in my PC that I want, I removed Download Manager and surprise. REX Sky Force and REX Texture Direct completely removed from my Pc.

What is this?

It is a way to reduce the number of piracy issues.  

Understood. But is there a way to uninstall the rexinstaller without removing other REX applications? In fact when I tried to install them again it was like they were still there as installer asked me to modify, repair or remove. But all the folders disappeared. Choosing repair option worked for me but I needed to register again in all of them.

Apart from that, I use AS4 as weather engine. Do I need to leave SkyForce open to benefit from clouds sync?

Thanks very much

I think I misunderstood your original question.

The procedure for downloading products using the download manager is as follows:

1.) Download the product installer files then install

2.) Download the second product installer files and install

***You can move the install files to any location you want after you download them.

The download manager will delete the previous files downloaded, this is to help save space for a user.  Someday when we have time will enhance this experience.

11 hours ago, Xiropillo said:

Understood. But is there a way to uninstall the rexinstaller without removing other REX applications? In fact when I tried to install them again it was like they were still there as installer asked me to modify, repair or remove. But all the folders disappeared. Choosing repair option worked for me but I needed to register again in all of them.

Apart from that, I use AS4 as weather engine. Do I need to leave SkyForce open to benefit from clouds sync?

Thanks very much

Uninstalling the REX File Manager will not remove other REX Programs on your system.

Uninstalled it from Windows apps manager and my REX Sky Force and REX texture direct disappeared. I saw how during uninstall folders disappeared from my P3D folder.

Installed again and no issues now. 

• Like 1

Did you install all the programs into one folder of the same?

Yes. I have a folder named Sim in D drive and inside another folder named REX. Then subfolders with each REX product

D\SIM\P3D\REX\SKY FORCE

D\SIM\P3D\REX\TEXTURE DIRECT

D\SIM\P3D\REX\REX INSTALLER

I had no option to choose where new Environment Force would be installed.

All subfolders inside of REX were deleted when uninstalling Rexinstaller.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?