Sign in to follow this  
Asheroo

RESOLVED No Mini UI, Registration Always Needed, No Affect

Posted (edited)

Hi REX Support,

I am having similar issues as in this thread - 

On top of that, I am also always having to enter in registration details every time I start EF up. I have looked at the steps in the resolved thread (letting the app through the firewall, making sure it has inbound/outbound connection, running as administrator) and it hasn't solved it.

As for there being no Mini UI, I do always run EF (as admin) before opening up P3D. I've tried reinstalling EF and that has not resolved any issue. As with the topic above, I am also finding there to be no affect when trying to adjust sliders and recompiling shaders in EF. It looks no different than default without EF.

I also once had an error about failing to render target or something like that. I have not been able to reproduce it since.

My REXModules folder does not have any of those backuplog files. However attached is my config file. In another thread I saw the dll.xml was asked for, so I've attached that as well. It doesn't contain anything relating to EF at least from what I can see.

dll.xml rexenvforce.exe.config

Edited by Asheroo

Please stand by while I look into this and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue 

Thank you very much. I just had another go at EF and this time I got a .NET Framework error. Attached is a picture of such. I also have attached the most recent log file in the log folder if it helps at all. There is a heap of them in the folder.

eferror.jpg

20190501_150814.txt

Please do the following:

Step 1 - Please close the sim if still open the close EF.

Step 2 - Please uninstall EF

Step 3 - Please go to the ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder and delete the DLL.XML file

Step 4 - Please start your sim 

Step 5 - Please close your sim 

Step 6 - Please re-install EF then start and register

Step 7 - Start your sim 

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

I followed those instructions, while also following the install instructions and the instructions in the pinned topic about user permissions. It didn't work. I am still having the same issues. Attached is my dll.xml, and a picture of my REXModules folder, in case it helps.

REXModules.jpg

dll.xml

Posted (edited)

I've tried giving it another re-installation. Still no resolution.

(Ignore previous edits)

Edited by Asheroo

Posted (edited)

Hi Asheroo, I believe you have an issue with your database installation. Maybe you already had other version of SQL Server installed previously? Could you please open this folder in explorer:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\LocalDB\Binn

Please find file sqlservr.exe, right click on it, select properties, select Details tab and paste screenshot of it here. It should look like this:

image.png.a0c76e5e9f5c62e22747831b42994739.png

Lets compare versions first, as your log says that EF is trying to connect to some other, old version.

You can also verify in Control Panel -> Programs and Data if you have some other instances of SQL server listed there.

Edited by Jarek

My sqlservr.exe has the same details. In the Programs, I do have two other SQL versions installed - Express 2012 and Express 2014. Should I uninstall them?

Posted (edited)

So this is it. But there is a big risk - if you have other applications that use these databases, they will stop working. Is it possible to identify for you if they may be uninstalled?

Edited by Jarek

I've noticed I also have the 2005 Compact Edition. I will uninstall them and see how things go.

I am unsure what other applications use them. The 2005 was installed in 2013, the 2012 one in 2014 and the 2014 one in 2017. Unless it's another flight sim addon, whatever needed it I've probably uninstalled.

You may try to compare installation date for SQL Express 2to identify which app uses them, dates should be the same.

This will probably work, but I just wanted to warn you, I wouldn't like to break something on your PC. If you can remove all of them then probably you will have your EF up and running.

Please uninstall EF after, uninstall also SQL Server 2016 and reboot your PC. Then install EF once again (including SQL Server 2016), let's refresh everything and see if it helps.

Good news! The EF application seems to be operating normally and my settings are being remembered. Bad news: When I load a flight in P3D, the screen stays black.

Posted (edited)

It's normal. Please wait till picture appears. It may take even minute or two, depending on type of disk that you have.

Edited by Jarek

It's loaded up now. However it's loaded it in night time. I then went and injected a random community preset and the sky become daytime, but the ground was still dark.

In the main app, please go to settings and in General tab you have Restore Default Preset setting, so you can start from scratch. I would recommend to familiarize with all options in manual mode, to see how they work. Then you may try to apply community presets. Use sim in window mode so you can have both sim and EF app visible and then try to play with all sliders.

You can observe values in the mini UI (green menu iin the sim) how sliders in Main app change values in Mini UI, it may take some time, it's quite complex stuff if you have intention to tweak your sim.

I'm now getting blank ground and grey tree textures. I'm also not seeing the mini UI button. I did check the user permissions of those particular files before starting EF. Adjusting the manual settings with the clouds and lighting works at least now.

2019-5-2_18-31-19-405.jpg

I believe a patch is coming for this issue...

I will wait for the hotfix. Thank you very much for your help, and to the rest of the REX team. I look forward to seeing EF's full effect.

Posted (edited)

I've discovered in another thread an issue where not having P3D on your primary monitor will cause the mini UI to hide. I tried to solution of changing the view groups setting to Auto-fill Desktop and that worked. I use P3D on my secondary monitor. When my screen is black I also find that turning the in-sim HDR settings on/off and enabling/disabling the auto-fill desktop view groups setting can fix it.

Edited by Asheroo

5 hours ago, Asheroo said:

I've discovered in another thread an issue where not having P3D on your primary monitor will cause the mini UI to hide. I tried to solution of changing the view groups setting to Auto-fill Desktop and that worked. I use P3D on my secondary monitor. When my screen is black I also find that turning the in-sim HDR settings on/off and enabling/disabling the auto-fill desktop view groups setting can fix it.

Thanks for posting this.

@Asheroo: What did you exactly within the view group management. I am asking because I have also P3Dv4 running not on my primary monitor and I also do not see the mini UI. Could you post a screenshot of your settings of the view group management? Any help much appreciated.

@Asheroo - Were you able to resolve your issue?

@tenala - Did you find a solution to the issue you were having?

Posted (edited)

To both posts above, I did some tests yesterday and reported in this thread. A hotfix is on the way for it...

Edited by Asheroo

Yes and no - at least I have the visuals when I drag the sim to my primary screen but no mini-ui appears. What I also have noticed is that for example when I fly with the FSLabs A320 I can not fill all the itemens into the FMGC when I enlarge it and it pop up on the left side of the screen. I have to move it to the right side and then I can fill all the data as flight no etc. Without EF it does not matter where the FMGC is placed on the screen. It seems that EF has not only problems with multiple monitors but also how it response to "windows in the window".

I finally managed to make a 4 hours flight with workarounds here and there (shut up the sim in the primary monitor and placed the screens in the screen in that way that I was able to feed the MCDU (not FMGC as above)). But the mini-ui did not show up at all. Besides this I think its a very good and nice tool but for me a bit to bright at the moment. Look at the shots with and without HDR in the sim. I assume once I have access to the mini-ui I can disable there the HDR lightning. So far OK.

2019-5-5_13-11-50-383.jpg

2019-5-5_13-38-28-929.jpg