awdoman

CLOSED Cant install REX Environment

Win 10, Virus scan disabled, downloaded REX Environment.  Unzipped folder, ran installer, get error Could not access network location \REXmodules

IM not using a networked drive.  I downloaded and unzipped to the download folder . Unzipped there, and got the error.  I then tried to unzip to desktop. Installed still get same error.  I then tried again to download to download folder, unzipped, then cut and pasted files onto a USB 3.0 external hard drive on same computer, and ran and got same error. 3x different locations all same result

Can you show us a screenshot of your drive structure on your machine and please let us know what drive you are trying to install Environment Force vs. where your simulator is installed?

REX 3d is on Sim-Environment.  Networked to P3d v4.5 on computer P3D.  I want to install REX Environment on Sim-Environment computer to work in tandem with REX 3D as you stated it works with.  I read in someone elses same issue you now say REX Environment needs to be installed on the same computer as the flight simulator.  This defeats the whole purpose of networking your software which you say you can do.

Screenshot (1).png

Also Active Sky for p3dv4 and cloud art is also installed on Sim-Environment "C" Drive. P3dV4.5 is installed on \\P3d\:A\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Please use a mapped drive configuration setup.

Select a drive such as Z:\....\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

I have set up the mapped network drive as you suggested.  Upon trying to install again, I get the same error, cant access REXmodules.  I then installed on the pc where p3d is located, it installed fine, and I can now see a folder within p3d REXmodules.  Just a question, if I have REX 3D on one computer and REX Environment on another, how do they work together?

Thanks so much

Eric

11 hours ago, awdoman said:

I have set up the mapped network drive as you suggested.  Upon trying to install again, I get the same error, cant access REXmodules.  I then installed on the pc where p3d is located, it installed fine, and I can now see a folder within p3d REXmodules.  Just a question, if I have REX 3D on one computer and REX Environment on another, how do they work together?

Thanks so much

Eric

You will need to create a mapped drive from your Sim PC to your Client PC where Sky Force main folder so that EF can access the textures and cloud models.

Then you will need to set new mapped drive within EF Settings->Textures section.

If you are running the sim in automation you will start EF and just minimize after setting to automation.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?