Sign in to follow this  
blakie

CLOSED Absolutely gutted :( FSX user

Two years of hype and waiting. Previously part of the SF insider program.

Promises that FSX had not been left out of Environment Force.

A user of all REX pruducts and a great supporter (Until now)

The big day arrives and the release is only for P3D.

The flight sim community also includes a vast number of dedicated simmers who have built up a range of products (costly exercise)over time to enhance FSX including REX  and at a later stage

of life are not in a position to start afresh with purchasing P3D and all the other addons at vast expense to get to the level of enjoyment we currently have.

Please tell me that all your promises during development that this would be compatible with FSX will be followed up within days by an FSX version of the product.

Yours with disappointment

Dave

Dave - Some of the weather functions will be coming with Weather Force to FSX.  But the shader functions within EF are not possible within FSX as it stands.  I am not saying there will not be other possibilities, but understand this is a VERY COMPLEX product.

• Like 1

Try to build a new AUDI engine into a 15 year old AUDI. See how much luck you have.

This is the situation with FSX to P3D. I understand your point but please dont expect that all the users with P3D have to suffer because FSX users cant update. And we would suffer if devs would have to implement only features that are compatible with FSX. 

Edited by SaenchaySor
  • Like 1

Thanks for your quick reply.

The fact that it was only ever going to be for P3D was not made clear at any stage  . In one of my own questions as part of the insider team the answer was that" the testing phase at the moment was for P3D to make sure it was compatible".Perhaps a more definitive statement that it was never going to be for FSX  would have saved a lot of us hanging out for the last two years in anticipation.

Love the work you do but still feeling ripped off 

Keep up the good work

• Sad 1

As I stated this is a complex program and they would have to be two completely different programs.  At initial start of development, we had both a P3D and FSX version, but that was when we started with P3D v3.  

1 hour ago, SaenchaySor said:

Try to build a new AUDI engine into a 15 year old AUDI. See how much luck you have.

This is the situation with FSX to P3D. I understand your point but please dont expect that all the users with P3D have to suffer because FSX users cant update. And we would suffer if devs would have to implement only features that are compatible with FSX. 

Poor FSX it is getting harder to make that BBQ pork chop look like a steak

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, blakie said:

Thanks for your quick reply.

The fact that it was only ever going to be for P3D was not made clear at any stage  . In one of my own questions as part of the insider team the answer was that" the testing phase at the moment was for P3D to make sure it was compatible".Perhaps a more definitive statement that it was never going to be for FSX  would have saved a lot of us hanging out for the last two years in anticipation.

Love the work you do but still feeling ripped off 

Keep up the good work

I know it's tough and I am a staunch believer FSX still has its place BUT what would you rather fly to London in real life a DC 3 or A 380 executive cabin. Yeah I still love the Dac but the practicality of the sheer age of the great lady makes it harder to choose  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, REX Support 2 said:

I know it's tough and I am a staunch believer FSX still has its place BUT what would you rather fly to London in real life a DC 3 or A 380 executive cabin. Yeah I still love the Dac but the practicality of the sheer age of the great lady makes it harder to choose  

Yeah! I see your point, but I think that an announcement that there would not be a FSX version would have been appropriate and saved you a lot of disappointed simmers and us a lot grief 

REXSUPPORT 2 

Your sarcastic response about pork chops and steak is not appropriate for someone who purports to represent a company of this quality .

As far as DC3's go you picked the wrong one here. I have flown piston pounders in particular DC3's for the last 8 years with a virtual airline group.

Ironically A380's and DC3's have something in common  . "The weather"  :)

I agree with the explanation that has only now been given that the development ended up having to be  for P3D and that it would take two versions to cover both.

That simple explanation at the beginning or anywhere in the process would have avoided the disappointment.

Here's hoping that from a marketing point of view the appropriate research has been done to ensure that P3D has overtaken FSX in its market share.

Once again I re affirm that I have always supported REX and its products and even defended those that got impatient when there were no media releases.

This is just an expression of my disappointment in the lack of clear communication by REX and hopefully something that the team will take on board for future projects.

Cheers Dave

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blakie said:

Here's hoping that from a marketing point of view the appropriate research has been done to ensure that P3D has overtaken FSX in its market share.

As a matter of fact, there has been a survey already by Navigraph, check here.

I returned from almost 10 year hiatus from FS. And I was an FS9 user, then moved to FSX:SE which seemed quite a move then almost a decade then.

After returning to the hobby last December with a new PC build, I re-installed all my add-ons and even bought some new ones. Until I encountered the doomed OOM. Then I learned that P3D finally cured it and I would never have to put up with the frustrations resulting from FSX, I made the move, spent close to $1,500 on my add-ons to get it to the same level of FSX:SE as before. Never regretted any of it.

Hardware is only getting better, software are getting more complex too that can take good advantage of the more powerful hardware today. The only logical choice is to abandon FSX and move on to the better platform. In my case, it was P3D. 

• Like 1

Looks like I'm 20 years too old, live in the wrong country  and don't have enough spare cash to burn. :) :) 

Can't disagree with the stats.

At least I'm old enough to get over the disappointment and wise enough to know better than to believe next time.  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blakie said:

REXSUPPORT 2 

Your sarcastic response about pork chops and steak is not appropriate for someone who purports to represent a company of this quality .

As far as DC3's go you picked the wrong one here. I have flown piston pounders in particular DC3's for the last 8 years with a virtual airline group.

Ironically A380's and DC3's have something in common  . "The weather"  :)

I agree with the explanation that has only now been given that the development ended up having to be  for P3D and that it would take two versions to cover both.

That simple explanation at the beginning or anywhere in the process would have avoided the disappointment.

Once again I re affirm that I have always supported REX and its products and even defended those that got impatient when there were no media releases.

This is just an expression of my disappointment in the lack of clear communication by REX and hopefully something that the team will take on board for future projects.

Cheers Dave

Please, no sarcasm intended, and I fly piston in the sim and coming up to almost 700 hours on the DHC 2 Beaver alone over 500 in FSX and prefer not to fly the tube liners...  My comment is based on reference that FSX, unfortunately, is becoming mainstream redundant and the 3rd party development having to cater to 64 bit systems and accommodating the finner renderings available are making this more and more evident. Here is another quote by yours truly "I know it's tough and I am a staunch believer FSX still has its place BUT" No it was not intended as sarcasm, not in the least... Flying sims since mid 80's and from then to now WOW   

3 hours ago, REX Support 2 said:

I know it's tough and I am a staunch believer FSX still has its place BUT