Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

CLOSED Absolutely GORGEOUS, frame rates DESTROYED

Hi guys,

Absolutely LOVE the visuals, I put it on Automation mode, went to the Caribbean and went flying. Visuals are stunning, truly! But...

With an 8700k (stock, no OC), and a 1080, whereas before I had my framerates locked at 30 FPS and got exactly that, with EF I have 14-18 FPS. Same exact settings.

I tried turning EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything, down to the very lowest settings, and I get low-40s. With absolutely every single setting in P3D at the lowest possible value.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words.  Are you using Sky Force with Environment Force?

Hi, thanks!

No, REX4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds. I tried saving my order nos. in my signature but somehow I am not able to:

REX Environment Force Order: JFL759763286B273166

REX4 TD & SC Order: JFL700279FB446B9A11

I added your order # into your signature for you.  What settings do you have for the textures for REX TDSC?   Sometimes if the clouds grow larger FPS can reduce.  

For textures:

Low level: 4096

High/Mid: 2048

Runways: 4096

Taxiways: 4096

Texture compression algorithms all 32 bit.

Maybe reduce them to the next level and see if that helps.

What is your system specs?

"With an 8700k (stock, no OC), and a 1080, whereas before I had my framerates locked at 30 FPS and got exactly that, with EF I have 14-18 FPS. Same exact settings."

Yeah, stock 8700k and stock 1080. I fly the A2A Cherokee around the Caribbean, so low-level visuals are sorta my thing. I tell ya, the visuals with EF are just amazing!

Please reduce all textures to the lowest level, reinstall the textures and test your FPS.  Try this procedure until you get the FPS you have.  Also what are your settings within the SIM?

So I closed out of everything, including my browser (had FF running with like 25-30 tabs open), restarted EF and P3D, and FPS returned to pretty much normal - in the upper 20's to 29. So now just slightly lower than it had been running before installing EF.

I checked task manager before closing everything and FF had been taking up a ton of memory. I can't imagine that a friggin' browser was the problem given my system specs, but maybe it was.

I will continue to monitor, but for now I think I'm back in business.

And the visuals on automated mode in the Caribbean (FT St. Maarten) are absolutely stunning. Truly stunning. EF looks like the answer to everything I've been looking for.

Thank you!

Thank you for the update.  Browsers nowadays are just a mess with multiple processes running.  I will keep this open until you confirm to close.  Thank you for your kind words.

Back down into the low 20's to high teens. GPU is running at 75%. Memory and CPU are running at perfectly reasonable levels.

Clouds are still at lower resolutions as suggested above.

Remember this will be dependent upon scenery complexity as well as all other add-ons that are loaded.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?