Sign in to follow this  
tenala

CLOSED Black Screen

Installation went OK. I activated the auto mode and the sim is loading but my screen is all black. I have to restore to get the scenery visible again. I do not know what I am doing wrong. 

Are you using any shader tools along with REX EF?

No I think not. I have only some mesh like FSGlobal Ulitmate NG and Switzerland Pro but that should not be the culprit.

I tried again EF with same result. As I turned off HDR Lighting in the sim, I got at least a scenery but it looks a bit weired (see attachment). Wit HDR turned on, the screen is black again. I use EF auto modus, SF3D and Texture Direct with soft clouds. My sim is P3Dv4.5 with WIN 10 64 bit build 1809. In addition I can not see an in sim mini user interface. Have I to activate this somewhere or should it popup automatically? 

Screenshot_2019-05-01_09_33_50.png

Forgot to mention that I am using Active Sky for P3Dv4 as weather engine.

13 hours ago, tenala said:

I tried again EF with same result. As I turned off HDR Lighting in the sim, I got at least a scenery but it looks a bit weired (see attachment). Wit HDR turned on, the screen is black again. I use EF auto modus, SF3D and Texture Direct with soft clouds. My sim is P3Dv4.5 with WIN 10 64 bit build 1809. In addition I can not see an in sim mini user interface. Have I to activate this somewhere or should it popup automatically? 

Screenshot_2019-05-01_09_33_50.png

When you started the sim and EF in automation mode is this what it looked like?  The in-sim mini ui is available at startup.  If you look at your bottom left side of the window you see a little carrot icon.  This will open and close the mini ui.

At startup of the sim, you will notice a period of black screen- this is normal as the sim is compiling the shaders again.

Yes above screenshot was taken when I started the sim in EF automation mode. I am using NVIDIA GeForce 1080 (driver 430.39) with two screens. I have the sim and EF on the same dirve which is a SSD with 1 TB and approx. 50% occupied. Is the in-sim mini ui availabe in the left corner in EF or in P3D? 

I have something similar but it is FSL Sportlight. I try to deinstall and reinstall EF and will inform later.

The same - nothing changed. Wirh HDR off I got even worser screenview in EF auto mode. Further down the same screen view without EF and HDR on.

Screenshot_2019-05-02_13_54_38.png

Screenshot_2019-05-02_13_54_25.png

Screenshot_2019-05-02_13_45_51.png

Screenshot_2019-05-02_13_45_38.png

the two first views without EF and HDR on and the last two with EF in automode and HDR off

Please perform the following procedures:

Step 1 - Please make sure your simulator and Environment Force are closed.

Step 2 - Please uninstall Environment Force

Step 3 - Please delete the Shaders folder located in the C:\Users\{...}\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Step 4 - Restart your sim and let it rebuild the Shader folder.

Step 5 - After the sim is started close it out.

Step 6 - Re-install Environment Force, start it and register it.

Step 7 - Start your simulator.

Let me know if that resolves the issue

Nothing changed after above steps. Waited for 30 min to rebuild the shaders. Still black screen. With HDR on = black screen; with HDR off = dark view as above in the screenshots. In the background I can hear the engine sounds. As soon as I close the sim and EF, the EF entry in the dll.xml-file disappears. Is that normal? And I can not see a REX log file either nor the the in-sim mini ui .

dll.xml

Obviously it seems to be a question how to handle EF with 2 monitors. I found another post pointing to the "group view management" within P3Dv4 as attached. I did not really understood what Asheero had done. So, I loaded EF again and fired up the sim on my primary screen and - the black screen had disappeared. I still do not see the mini-ui but maybe if I know what to do exactly within the group view management of the sim this could be solved also. Im attaching a screen shot of EF with HDR on and a screen shot of the mentioned threa

Thread.PNG

Screenshot_2019-05-03_16_58_06.png

Same issue here. My screen was identical to the screen shots in this topic. I have a 3 screen setup. When I moved the window to my primary screen all scenery was correctly displayed. I moved back to my 4K monitor and it remains correct. I agree there appears to be a issue with multiple monitors.

We will investigate this.

Federico

Have had similar problems, ie, black screen (improved by disabling HDR in sim ), black grey textures, no UI icon. All when displaying sim on secondary monitor ( two x 32inch using nvidia surround ). I was using a 19 inch as the prmary monitor. However once I reassigned the nvidia surround  monitor as the windows primary monitor these problems disappeared. Also I noticed that while the 19 inch monitor was set as primary monitor some basic windows functions such as taskbar properties screen displayed as blank ( also other windows settings screens ). Taskbar properties etc. displayed properly once the nvidia surround monitor was assigned as primary. Maybe we are dealing with an inherent windows issue here or just my setup. Hope this helps. Damian.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Sign in to follow this