Mark555

CLOSED Environment Force Setting question...

Hello I have a question using the automatic variant in Environment Force for me, Active Sky does the weather. REX Sky Force makes the 3d Cloud Model Structures. The In Sync Engine from Skyforce has to collide with the Enable automatic texture Sync from Environment Force or can I use both without problems?

Thank you for Help

EF knows to look for the Cloud models in you Skyforce folder.  You will only need to run Active Sky for the "Weather engine" only if you choose to use it.  Don't have both Skyforce and ASN injecting weather data. Hope this helps 😀

Unfortunately, I don't understand you very well. I'll use some pictures. Whether I can activate these two settings painted red at the same time or whether they collide?

Sky Force.jpg

Environment FOrce.jpg

yes,  you Can😀

the Realtime Sync is already Active. I have both enabled on mine

Edited by FireRx

I'm still a bit confused after reading this thread. So to put it more clearly, do we have to have Sky Force 3D open along with Environment Force if we use Active Sky as the weather engine, or Sky Force 3D does not need to run in that case? Of course I want to use the real-time sync and cloud models from Sky Force 3D. 

Edited by Talos

9 minutes ago, Talos said:

I'm still a bit confused after reading this thread. So to put it more clearly, do we have to have Sky Force 3D open along with Environment Force if we use Active Sky as the weather engine, or Sky Force 3D does not need to run in that case? Of course I want to use the real-time sync and cloud models from Sky Force 3D. 

No, unless you are using the weather engine from Sky Force.

2 minutes ago, rstough said:

Thank you very much ! Now its perfectly clear for me : ))

Okay, but if Skyforce is not opened, only environment Force and active sky can formtornadoes or not anymore?

Just now, Mark555 said:

Okay, but if Skyforce is not opened, only environment Force and active sky can formtornadoes or not anymore?

Yes you can leave it closed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rstough said:

Reed, earlier today you replied to my FB post like this

"Folks, keep Sky Force open if you want to run the weather engine, or sync cloud MODELS in realtime. If you are just using the texture sync options from Environment Force, then you can leave Sky Force closed."

Now you say that we can keep it closed. So which is it, do we need to have Sky Force running or not, when Environment Force is running and we want to have the cloud models being sync in real time. Or is EF able to sync cloud models through SF when it's closed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joona_ said:

Reed, earlier today you replied to my FB post like this

"Folks, keep Sky Force open if you want to run the weather engine, or sync cloud MODELS in realtime. If you are just using the texture sync options from Environment Force, then you can leave Sky Force closed."

Now you say that we can keep it closed. So which is it, do we need to have Sky Force running or not, when Environment Force is running and we want to have the cloud models being sync in real time. Or is EF able to sync cloud models through SF when it's closed.

I have two people using my FB account.  The person using it was misinformed.  You do not need to have Sky Force open if you are only using the Textures and Cloud Models.  Environment Force will handle that.  

Question related to the 'Enable automatic texture sync'.

My setup is ASP3D + REX Texture Direct w/ Soft Clouds Enhanced Edition. Should I enable the aforementioned option?

If you want Environment Force to sync textures dynamically into the simulator based upon weather.

3 hours ago, rstough said:

If you want Environment Force to sync textures dynamically into the simulator based upon weather.

Is it possible to have only the cloud textures synced but leave sky textures untouched? My sky textures come from SF3D but I have sky from Envtex and would like to keep that. Is it possible to add a setting to choose the textures being synced?

Enable automatic texture sync

shows OFF - after some time with showing  waiting.

I use automatic mode.

??

16 hours ago, joona_ said:

Is it possible to have only the cloud textures synced but leave sky textures untouched? My sky textures come from SF3D but I have sky from Envtex and would like to keep that. Is it possible to add a setting to choose the textures being synced?

Not at this time.

15 hours ago, copilot767 said:

Enable automatic texture sync

shows OFF - after some time with showing  waiting.

I use automatic mode.

??

Not sure I understand your question.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?