lawnmower

RESOLVED TD4 is working but Soft Clouds is not.

Hello and thank you in advance,

My newest computer is significantly better than my last and I'm hoping for those beautiful REX skies. 

After a duplicate REX purchase a year later I have should now have Texture Direct 4 with the Soft Clouds installed again.

However there is zero evidence of Soft Clouds.

It isn't in the FSX weather menu like before, nor in the game graphics.

So far I've turned off Avast, disabled User Account Controls, run as admin, disabled low clouds, set to DX10 which I have, installed and added themes, and repaired online using the installer.

All of this has been to no avail.

What should I try next?

Thank you, John

Please go to REX Texture Direct main root folder, copy and paste the "installlog" Text Document
Thank you for your patience while we resolve your issue... 

Hello REX.

My Soft Clouds is not not working.  (Nor is there any separate "soft clouds"  folder on C:/ or in Program Files(x86.) )

Here is the install log:

REX TEXTURE DIRECT WITH SOFT CLOUDS - TEXTURE INSTALL LOG - INDIVIDUAL INSTALLATION
LOG DATE: Monday, March 11, 2019 1:58:04 AM
COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_broken.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_broken.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_broken01.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_broken01.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_broken02.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_broken02.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_broken03.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_broken03.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_few.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_few.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_few01.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_few01.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_few02.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_few02.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_few03.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_few03.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_overcast.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_overcast.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_overcast01.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_overcast01.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_overcast02.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_overcast02.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_scattered.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_scattered.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_scattered01.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_scattered01.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_scattered02.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_scattered02.bmp

COPIED FROM: C:\REX Texture Direct\textures\Clouds\Cirrus\01\DXT5\512\cirrus_scattered03.bmp
COPIED TO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Texture\cirrus_scattered03.bmp

(see attached pics)

When I first downloaded the program there was an error because 'rextd7.cab'  did not fully complete.

I tried that file again manually, checked the others, installed, and Direct Textures now works.

The same FSX cottonball-cirrus clouds however are still there.

(REX skies and new runways are a such a huge improvement! )

Thank you in advance for your help,

John

3.7.19 REX install good3CORRUPT.jpg

rex install SoftClouds missing.jpg

We thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue... Please, what store did you purchase from? 

Downloaded direct from REX, using dial up which has been mostly consistent.

Dial-up although may have completed the download there is a very high probability that 1 or all of the cab files have been corrupted. Did you use the single file method for the installer? Try downloading again, please...    

Ok I downloaded REX4w/SC again for four hours using REX File Transfer Manager.    All showed green again as being completed.

I installed it again but the install process said "invalid license." 

I pushed the back button tried again and REX4 w/SC then installed.  Or rather everything appeared as if it had....

(I was online and still connected to my account.)

The main screen booted up, with no error/warning messages about registration being unsuccessful.

I looked in the main screen but there are no fields to register after the fact.

It asked me to install themes and start the FSX program as usual.  I did so but Soft Clouds did not work.

Looking carefully, the information entered into the registration fields matched my checkout screenshot exactly.  

I had typed it in exactly.

As an experiment, I tried "oh" instead of "zeros" to validate it again, but instead of no confirmation message as before, REX File Transfer Mngr now said in red "We were unable to validate..."  So basically there is no confirmation message provided for successful registration, and no means to register after the fact.  There should be.

Sorry to gripe but your menu format is confusing.

It's now six days since my order. What do I do next?  It looks like the REX registration system is not accepting my purchase.

Thank you, John

Hi,

Due to the nature of this topic, we ask that you send an email to our Tier 2 Technical Support Staff at support@rexgamestudios.com

Please provide a link to this post in your email.  

Thank you for your patience as we try to help you resolve this.

Everything seems to be working now. Yeah! Thank you. It's beautiful.

1). The first download/install was a 8.6GB folder IIRC. 

-The website DL screen showed green bars for all files as having completed.  There was a DT4 main-menu screen after installation. There were no warnings to indicate otherwise.

-Everything indicated that the installation was successful.

(This was uninstalled using the REX Transfer Manager but it left behind a ~7GB file which I haven't touched still.)

2). The second installation was about 18.1GB.

-There was no separate SoftClouds folder in C/Windows/Programs(x86).

-There was no custom REX weather options for the in-game weather menu, as I previously had with the SoftClouds stand alone version.

-The "Fair Weather" clouds were the same OEM FSX evenly-spaced boring cotton balls.

I thought that second installation failed as well.

Today I went through each of the Themes Menu tabs again and tried adding something of everything again. 

This time it somehow saved the profile and worked.

AS A SUGGESTION:  It would be a huge improvement if there was a default theme already loaded as a baseline for new customers.

Thank you so much REX for the beautiful world above and below,

John