mgculver

ANSWERED SF 3D / ESS / Texture Direct / Soft Clouds

Hi Guys.

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times but I can't find a direct answer to the question.

Does SF 3D replace all the other REX products - I.E. ESS, Texture Direct, Weather Architect, Soft Clouds etc.

If so, should these products be uninstalled before installing SF3D?

Yes/No response is fine.

Thanks,

Mike

3 hours ago, mgculver said:

Hi Guys.

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times but I can't find a direct answer to the question.

Does SF 3D replace all the other REX products - I.E. ESS, Texture Direct, Weather Architect, Soft Clouds etc.

If so, should these products be uninstalled before installing SF3D?

Yes/No response is fine.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike -

Thank you for your inquiry about these products. 

REX Sky Force core focus has been to replace the core cloud modeling system within FSX and P3D.  Which includes improved cloud textures, sky textures, lightning effects, and sounds.  It does not replace any airport textures or water textures.  So you can use Texture Direct and Essentials for Airport or Water.

Soft Clouds is no longer useful if you are moving to the new cloud system by Sky Force.

REX Weather Architect only supports up to P3D v3.  It is a custom weather creation tool, not a weather engine.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

REX Sky Force - New weather and cloud systems (We will be adding a new advanced weather engine with Weather Force soon)

REX Worldwide Airports - This replaces all airport textures of previous products and will be continued updated 

Thanks for the quick reply. Just bought Sky Force. From your reply and running the product, I gather I can uninstall the old products.

Thanks again,

Well, you could actually use TD for other texture categories not included within Sky Force. ;)