SteveH441355

RESOLVED Can't get Wx to work on any a/c

I'll start off by saying this radar worked at one time, at least last spring. Problem Wx Radar will not run particularly with Flysimware products, MU2, Lear 35, and Falcon 50. I get black screen, no controls whatever with all a/c. Went so far as to buy another license, thinking I had re-installed too many times. Re-installed FSX w/ SP2, re-installed Wx Radar, re-installed all Flysimware, with no change. Observation: dll.xml calls for MV.WXM.dll but file in modules folder is WV.WXMM.dll. Have cleaned dll.xml file with editor, no joy. This system is Win 10 Pro 64b, ver 1809, FSX w/SP2, 32G dram. Latest nVidia drivers - 417.35, Wx Radar version 20181220. What I'm I missing? Any help would be great. I think I've read everything in the forum. All software installed as admin. No A/V running.

Thanks in advance, and a Merry Christmas !

Guest REX Support

Merry Christmas to you as well! It seems that the MV_WXM.dll isn't installing properly. Can you try running the radar gauge management while the sim is closed if you happen to have it open by accident?

I don't run the radar management while running FSX, ever! I've been a long time user, I tried running radar in the stock MS FSX Learjet 45, same problem. Mostly though, I run Flysimware a/c, and they are pre-configured to run the Wx radar. Can you tell me which gauge, and module, I should be running, and where the installer would locate them. I thought it was odd it was loading MV.WXMM.dll when everything was calling for MV.WXM.dll. I'm familiar with where the actual FSXSP2 files reside. I spent almost 4 days during Xmas weekend trying to sus this issue. Anything else I can provide, let me know.

Guest REX Support

If you go to WX Advantage Radar\modules, you can find all the DLLs you need. Just place them in the gauges folder of your sim. You will need to change the DLL.xml to use the proper name or change the dll name to match the xml file.

Tried manually installing, gauges and modules from their respective FSXSP2 folders, still not working. Question, is it possible I'm using wrong "user name" during installation process, or is user name not part of the authentication process. When installing SW, its putting a user name in by default, I have to add the email address, and key#. As mentioned before, allowing software to automate installation, it still puts an "M" after MV_WXM.dll, in other words, names file MV_WXMM.dll

Thanks

Can I add my pennysworth

Had my Milviz stable-many planes- running with F1 GTN 750/650 and WX Radar where possible in P3D4.3 -C310s and Beavers

Gone to 4.4 and all updates in place

Now will only fly when WX radar not selected

WX still needs some work?

xxd09

PS appreciate all your hard work and have the requisite patience to wait-WX Radar is a fine product

Wx Radar had been working on my FSX SP2 machine, but has stopped working now. After working on it during the holidays, I believe the problem is now related to my account not verifying software install, or too many installs trying to correct problem. I bought a second license, but I'm not sure of correct user name or email. The software installs are at best quirky. All installs install module file as "MV_WXMM.dll not MV_WXM.dll. Problem is, there is no MV_WXMM.dll. On other install attempts, it doesn't install gauge or module at all. and at the verification window, it puts an unknown user name all by it's self.

I've gone though the Windows registry to clear out any reference to Wx Advantage, as well as a complete software un-install. It still puts an unknown user name in. I don't get any error window stating to many installs attempts. Not totally sure its actually verifying install, as it runs install right after hitting return key. You would think there would be a slight lag reaching out to REX servers to verify user and key number. Thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Just to add some more info

Have posted on Milviz forums

my Milviz planes all flyin P3Dv4.4 except the King Air which will not load

Some Milviz planes take GTN 750/660 as before

Some only take GTN 750 

None accept WX Radar

At least I can fly the planes with most Avionics in place

2 steps forward and 1 back?

xxd09

PS still believe in progress 

Have a good New Year break!

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

11 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Just to add some more info

Have posted on Milviz forums

my Milviz planes all flyin P3Dv4.4 except the King Air which will not load

Some Milviz planes take GTN 750/660 as before

Some only take GTN 750 

None accept WX Radar

At least I can fly the planes with most Avionics in place

2 steps forward and 1 back?

xxd09

PS still believe in progress 

Have a good New Year break!

@Naruto-kun

I had the same thing with all versions of WX. If I manually install WX in any plane it will not work even after using the planes it will work on. I found that if the installer won't install don't install it. If you do it will mess up the whole thing, P3D won't even load. I have V4.4 and WX installed in 3 Planes all working great. I used the installer for them all. I have one plane that I have to manually install the gauge on and every time I do everything goes south.  And that was with all versions of v4. I have now removed that plane from P3D altogether. I'm just saying if you have to manually install the gauge instead of using the installer you will have problems.  I have tried to explain this in the past but has fell on deaf ears. Tim I did try to explain this to you about when v4.1 came out.  John

56 minutes ago, Dog4Zero said:

I had the same thing with all versions of WX. If I manually install WX in any plane it will not work even after using the planes it will work on. I found that if the installer won't install don't install it. If you do it will mess up the whole thing, P3D won't even load. I have V4.4 and WX installed in 3 Planes all working great. I used the installer for them all. I have one plane that I have to manually install the gauge on and every time I do everything goes south.  And that was with all versions of v4. I have now removed that plane from P3D altogether. I'm just saying if you have to manually install the gauge instead of using the installer you will have problems.  I have tried to explain this in the past but has fell on deaf ears. Tim I did try to explain this to you about when v4.1 came out.  John

@rstough

Update

With help from Jonathan at Milviz 

C310 and Commanche now fully equipped with GTN 750 and WX

3 Beavers (DH2,DH3 and Turbo) have GTN in place and working but though WX is in place -it is not functional 

Getting there!

xxd09

On 12/25/2018 at 2:02 PM, SteveH441355 said:

I'll start off by saying this radar worked at one time, at least last spring. Problem Wx Radar will not run particularly with Flysimware products, MU2, Lear 35, and Falcon 50. I get black screen, no controls whatever with all a/c. Went so far as to buy another license, thinking I had re-installed too many times. Re-installed FSX w/ SP2, re-installed Wx Radar, re-installed all Flysimware, with no change. Observation: dll.xml calls for MV.WXM.dll but file in modules folder is WV.WXMM.dll. Have cleaned dll.xml file with editor, no joy. This system is Win 10 Pro 64b, ver 1809, FSX w/SP2, 32G dram. Latest nVidia drivers - 417.35, Wx Radar version 20181220. What I'm I missing? Any help would be great. I think I've read everything in the forum. All software installed as admin. No A/V running.

Thanks in advance, and a Merry Christmas !

Thank you for your patience in this matter. Can you advise if you have the latest versions of the Visual Studio 2015 C++ installed?  You can find this in the Program list on  your computer.

I just looked and all I can find is, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2017. No 2015.  Could that be why it won't work installing it manually in one plane and using the installer in other planes without crashing P3D. John

right now it works great using only the installer. I have not tried a manual install.

Edited by Dog4Zero

I have the same setup                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I tried downloading the 2015 version 

Setup failed  0x80070666

Another version is already installed etc etc

xxd09

PS Jonathan is working on same issue with me on Milviz boards 

PPS WX working fine in Flysimware Learjet

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 10.0.40219

2013 x64 12.0.21005

2013 x86 12.0.21005

2017 x64 14.13.26020

2017 x86 14.13.26020

These are the only 2 set of runtimes on the system. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks in advance.

I note that the Milviz forum has a version of WX v.181223

The version on REX updates is v.181220

Is this the problem-I am currently awaiting an answer from Milviz support forum

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

My problem solved with this update for my Milviz planes

All now up and running with fullGTN and WX Radar

xxd09

Thank you for the update.  Glad to here all is updated properly.  May we close your ticket here?