robains

RESOLVED Any plans to update for PBR support?

Would love to see all the default world wide airports updated to PBR material, is this on the radar for a future update or new product version?

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 11:25 PM, robains said:

Would love to see all the default world wide airports updated to PBR material, is this on the radar for a future update or new product version?

Cheers, Rob.

Sure, if they add support for it ;)

On 1/1/2019 at 10:44 PM, timest999 said:

Sure, if they add support for it

Support is there for it in V4.4 ... I believe AG trees have no "current" PBR supported in V4.4.  But AG buildings, scenery buildings, etc. have support for PBR.

Cheers,  Rob.

Rob, I don't think that it's available for default airports etc. Maybe for AG-related items separate from airports.

I'll double check, but it would see odd to have PBR support for AG buildings but not airports ... as far as I know the only textures not supported in v4.x are terrain tiles.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, I agree with you, I will reach out to them as well.

Update: 

I just noticed your post on the LM forum as well as Kevin's response(s). It's still not clear, because we aren't creating 3D buildings worldwide for each of the 25,000 airports via BGL.

However, to be clear, I have reached out to Adam and team via email. I will advise what transpires.

Rob, I will PM you, I heard back. It's basically what I suspected and wrote in my previous post.

Hi Tim, 

Kevin C. says "yes, this should be possible" for airport buildings.  Adam responded privately also, he said they haven't updated the default airport buildings for PBR (honestly don't expect them to since this is a good project for content providers) which implies it could be done.  So combination of answers and I'm think airport buildings should support PBR.  It would be a nice project since many of the default buildings are often Metalic in nature so there could be some nice PBR shine coming from them, not to mention pump in texture quality so they look less circa 2000 tech.

I've had the opportunity to test out lots of other new PBR products in the works for P3D V4.4 and they do look "life like" especially on a nice sunny day.  I know Orbx (public knowledge) are working on a new set of Autogen building but not sure if they are going to make them PBR, no mention of it in their posted information.

Cheers, Rob.