rstough

ANNOUNCEMENT REX PRODUCTS / PREPAR3D V4.4 COMPATIBILITY

3 hours ago, cookedinlh said:

With REX5 Skyforce3D installed do I need any REX 4 products like Soft Clouds REX 4 Textures or others . . or can I delete them to save space?

That depends if you want to take advantage of the content from the other programs that Sky Force doesn't cover.

That's what I'm trying to understand . .  I originally started with REX Essentials+Overdrive . . added Textures and Soft Clouds and Enhanced . .  then Skyforce 3D. I cannot find anywhere on your site that explains the difference or how they work together if indeed they even are needed to work together. They are all taking up room on my drive and I'd like to uninstall the older apps if they no longer add to the Skyforce3D experience. Can= you explain please

2 hours ago, cookedinlh said:

That's what I'm trying to understand . .  I originally started with REX Essentials+Overdrive . . added Textures and Soft Clouds and Enhanced . .  then Skyforce 3D. I cannot find anywhere on your site that explains the difference or how they work together if indeed they even are needed to work together. They are all taking up room on my drive and I'd like to uninstall the older apps if they no longer add to the Skyforce3D experience. Can= you explain please

If you have Texture Direct installed, you can still take advantage of the water textures, wave animations and airport related textures that are not in Sky Force. 

Thanks . .  I've never understood the legacy of the whole REX 4 - 5 series software and how they relate to each other. Is there any discussion of it on the website or documentation you can point me to. None of the manuals seem to explain that either.

Thanks again

cookedinlh

Edited by cookedinlh
additional info

REX 1, 2, Essentials (3) - All in One software packages which included weather engine, flight planner, and full set of textures from clouds, sky, water, environment, and airport.

=======================================================================================================================================

REX 4 - Shift in development where we broke up the programs into supporting parts (aka "Direct" product line)

REX 4 - Texture Direct & REX 4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds (Focus was just on textures)

REX 4 - Weather Architect (Focus was on allowing the customer create their own weather scenarios)

REX 4 - Weather Direct (Cancelled - but focus was on real-time and archived weather generation)

========================================================================================================================================

REX 5 - Is our flagship product advancements (aka "Force" product line)

REX (5) - Sky Force - Redesigned cloud/weather model system with new cloud, sky, environmental textures, effects, and sounds.  

REX (5) - Weather Force - Redesigned highly advanced weather system/engine (free add-on) for REX Sky Force (In Development)

REX (5) - Environment Force - (In Testing)

Other products in development at this time.