SailorDoc

RESOLVED REX Essential Plus vs REX 4 Texture Direct Enhanced

Hello, Running FSX Boxed version with all upgrades, Windows 10 64 bit. Currently I have REX4 Text Dir. installed but was inquiring if REX Essential adds anything more to improve quality of FSX? Would it be beneficial to add REX Essential. I already have REX Essential just wondering if I should install it or not. Thank you

Hi, 

Since you already own it and used it in the past, what are YOUR personal thoughts? 

Personally I would use both.

Im just getting back into FSX boxed after a pretty long sabbatical. I have enjoyed using REX 4, though I dont remember what REX Essential brought to the table. Im sure it was worth the money. Per your suggestion I will go ahead and install REX Essential just for grins and giggles. 

After installing REX Essential,, I already had REX 4 Textures Direct installed, I did not see a gain in the quality of FSX Boxed. My understanding is REX Essential is basically an older version of REX4, correct me if Im wrong. I just did not feel like I needed both of them installed, so I deleted the REX Essential install.  I am back to using REX4 along with AS16 as my weather engine, and Soft Clouds. That seems to suit me just fine. Can you think of any benefit of using both?