axelfebles

RESOLVED Is it safe to delete the "rexdownload" folder after installing REX4?

Hello guys,

I am new to fly simulation and a new member on this forum, please accept my apologies for my ignorance and if this is not the right place for my question.

I just installed REX4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds - Enhanced Edition, everything is running perfect but I notice that there still 2 folders in my computer C: drive. one is the folder of the "REX download manager" and the other is the "rexdownload" folder that contains 8.23GB. My question is: Can this folders be deleted without causing any negative effect on the installation of REX4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds - Enhanced Edition? in other words, Can I delete this folders?

Greatly appreciate your help in advance.

Axel

Welcome to REX.  Yes, you may delete the rexdownload folder.  It will be recreated if you need to re-download your software.

Thank you again for your support of REX.

Thank you very much for that fast response. If there is a need to reinstall the application, do we need to re-download all the files again or is there a way to have all the files and installers on my computer and install from it, that way I can install even without internet connection? I am imagine NO there is no way but may be I would like to here it from the experts.

Again Thanks

Axel

Axel -

It is best just to use the Download Manager we provide.  That will ALWAYS get you the latest full build of the program.  That way you don't have to maintain older files on your machine.