rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SIMAIR - NEWS UPDATES

REX SIMAIR STATUS UPDATE:  ON HOLD
Build: Release Build

Update: 10/4/2018

I am sure most are thinking this project is dead. It has been awhile since we have updated the progress of SIMAIR.  

The state of the project is currently on hold.  However, it is still very much alive.  We just haven't had the resources or time to put into.  The core of our focus has been solely on Sky Force, Weather Force, Environment Force, and Worldwide Airports.

However, once we have these projects polished, our focus will move back to SIMAIR.

Next Update: Monday, November 26, 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! (quote) Next update: DECEMBER 3, 2019!

Very specific date for over a year away :)

• Like 1

wow, I am so excited to see something about this, I'm still running my airlines on FSAirlines and FSEconomy.  I would love to have one product that will do it all.

At this point, I don't see me so interested in the force programs as I am in the process of migrating over to Prepar3d v4, and don't have the resources to have a lot of beautiful clouds.

Hearing that your working on HD airports is nice too.  It'd be nice if someone would fix all the default AFCADs.  With the new addition for GSX I have to edit every parking spot at every airport.

Anyway, thanks for the update and hope to hear about more soon....  thanks

18 hours ago, wings138 said:

wow, I am so excited to see something about this, I'm still running my airlines on FSAirlines and FSEconomy.  I would love to have one product that will do it all.

At this point, I don't see me so interested in the force programs as I am in the process of migrating over to Prepar3d v4, and don't have the resources to have a lot of beautiful clouds.

Hearing that your working on HD airports is nice too.  It'd be nice if someone would fix all the default AFCADs.  With the new addition for GSX I have to edit every parking spot at every airport.

Anyway, thanks for the update and hope to hear about more soon....  thanks

We have not given up on this.

I, too am very interested in this project.  There are several freeware options that come close, but don't completely hit the mark in my opinion. I've used FS Economy, various virtual airlines, and Air Hauler2. Realism is key for me.  I own several REX products, and have been a customer for many years.  I am confident you folks can put together an attractive, realistic product.  My advice is to find a way to entice pilots to fly.  Give purpose behind flying other than simple reputation.  The currency idea is great - but what to do with the money?  I only fly 737ng, so realistically - I would never be able to afford my own plane.  And why would I want to - other than making more money...  Other than purchasing planes, what would encourage me to make more $$ (aka: fly more routes)?  Perhaps using cash to invest in airport facilities others own (with some return on investment) , or use it to purchase facilities at airports myself?  That has always been a question in my mind.  If there was some reason, or purpose behind making virtual dollars, it would keep my interest much longer.

Just my 2 cents. 

William Kirkland

William - Thank you for your kind words.  Our goal for this product is taking it above and in a direction that has not been seen before.  

We have not given up on it. It is crucial even more now to our road-map of development for 2019 and beyond.

I keep hearing about sasquatch too.....oh well, at least FSAirlines coupled with some other tools fills the void....

Hey everyone! I am glad to to hear it is still being worked on. I come back to this forum about once a month to make sure that is the case (haha). I, and I'm sure many others, have been wanting an addon just like this for a long time. In fact, it's the number one thing I feel that is missing and would get me more involved in Flight Sim more often. Total support here! Will definitely be a buyer in the future.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:57 AM, rstough said:

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, JANUARY 28, 2019

Hopefully a release announcement...
Did you actually realized that with this you'll get A LOT of money from P3D users, 'couse there's still no FSPassengers for v4?
But presto, presto... users will buy the one that will come out first.....

• Like 2

REX SIMAIR STATUS DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:  DELAYED
Build: Release Build
Date: 2/13/2019

The Past...

Thank you, everyone, for their patience with this project.  The SIMAIR project has been a personal bitter/sweet experience.  Sweet in that we are very excited about what this project has to offer.  We have often felt that the goal of SIMAIR was to be a bridge between flight simulation and a better sense of reality.  However, it has been bitter in that we have had to continually put the project on the back burner due needs in other areas of our business.

SIMAIR's goal was to be a simulation within itself.  Thus, this project has had some very ambitious goals.

The Present...

As you know we had a meeting in early February 2019 to discuss the feasibility of the project and whether we should continue or just scrap the project.  The core of our business has dominated much of our time and left us with very little time to progress in development.  Once we felt ready to jump in development something would require our attention elsewhere.

Like I stated this is a VERY AMBITIOUS project.  So it demands our fullest of attention.

All of us in our meeting agreed that SIMAIR must be built.  That SIMAIR fits perfectly into our vision for 2019 and beyond for REX Simulations.  

The Future...

However, we have delayed development until Q2 2019.  Our focus right now is to complete 3 key projects associated with the "FORCE" line of products:  Sky Force - Technical Update 2.1, Sky Force - Creative Update 1, Environment Force, and Weather Force.

We feel as a company that once Q2 arrives we will be in a better position to move forward with this project with more focus and determination.

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alberto Zanot said:

Very bad news.

How is it bad news.  The project isn't cancelled just delayed until we can give it the attention we need to give it.

Thank you for a detailed update.  Although l admit, not the update I was hoping for, an update nonetheless.  I'm glad to hear there is continued interest in moving forward.  Thank you for providing an understanding of priorities and decisions affecting delays.  Although some may not agree, at least you have given logical explanation of your direction.

Much Appreciated.

Bill

On 2/13/2019 at 12:53 PM, billkirk888 said:

Thank you for a detailed update.  Although l admit, not the update I was hoping for, an update nonetheless.  I'm glad to hear there is continued interest in moving forward.  Thank you for providing an understanding of priorities and decisions affecting delays.  Although some may not agree, at least you have given logical explanation of your direction.

Much Appreciated.

Bill

Thank you Bill.  It is a project we really want to see to come to light and we have so many great things planned for it.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:03 PM, Anthony Geinopolos said:

I say let's continue with simair

I agree!

No offense but we've been waiting for this project for about a decade. Itd be really nice to hear that you've actually made progress rather than a jpeg image here and there just to keep us hooked on all this time. I like REX Products, I use them, but this gimmick of feeding us bits and pieces to get our hopes up has gotten very old. If you dont finish this project soon someone else will take the idea and better it I guarantee you that.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:01 PM, Alberto Zanot said:

Actually i will not buy it anymore (if ever one day it will come out), just because a matter of principle.

What do u mean matter of principle?