rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SIMAIR - NEWS UPDATES

REX SIMAIR STATUS UPDATE:  ON HOLD
Build: Release Build

Update: 10/4/2018

I am sure most are thinking this project is dead. It has been awhile since we have updated the progress of SIMAIR.  

The state of the project is currently on hold.  However, it is still very much alive.  We just haven't had the resources or time to put into.  The core of our focus has been solely on Sky Force, Weather Force, Environment Force, and Worldwide Airports.

However, once we have these projects polished, our focus will move back to SIMAIR.

Next Update: Monday, November 26, 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

REX SIMAIR STATUS UPDATE: ON HOLD
BUILD: Release Build
DATE: 11/5/2018

No news at this time.  Development continues...

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2018

Edited by rstough
Corrected year from 2019 to 2018

Wow! (quote) Next update: DECEMBER 3, 2019!

Very specific date for over a year away :)

• Like 1

Oops! Thanks for catching that.

• Like 1

wow, I am so excited to see something about this, I'm still running my airlines on FSAirlines and FSEconomy.  I would love to have one product that will do it all.

At this point, I don't see me so interested in the force programs as I am in the process of migrating over to Prepar3d v4, and don't have the resources to have a lot of beautiful clouds.

Hearing that your working on HD airports is nice too.  It'd be nice if someone would fix all the default AFCADs.  With the new addition for GSX I have to edit every parking spot at every airport.

Anyway, thanks for the update and hope to hear about more soon....  thanks

18 hours ago, wings138 said:

wow, I am so excited to see something about this, I'm still running my airlines on FSAirlines and FSEconomy.  I would love to have one product that will do it all.

At this point, I don't see me so interested in the force programs as I am in the process of migrating over to Prepar3d v4, and don't have the resources to have a lot of beautiful clouds.

Hearing that your working on HD airports is nice too.  It'd be nice if someone would fix all the default AFCADs.  With the new addition for GSX I have to edit every parking spot at every airport.

Anyway, thanks for the update and hope to hear about more soon....  thanks

We have not given up on this.

I, too am very interested in this project.  There are several freeware options that come close, but don't completely hit the mark in my opinion. I've used FS Economy, various virtual airlines, and Air Hauler2. Realism is key for me.  I own several REX products, and have been a customer for many years.  I am confident you folks can put together an attractive, realistic product.  My advice is to find a way to entice pilots to fly.  Give purpose behind flying other than simple reputation.  The currency idea is great - but what to do with the money?  I only fly 737ng, so realistically - I would never be able to afford my own plane.  And why would I want to - other than making more money...  Other than purchasing planes, what would encourage me to make more $$ (aka: fly more routes)?  Perhaps using cash to invest in airport facilities others own (with some return on investment) , or use it to purchase facilities at airports myself?  That has always been a question in my mind.  If there was some reason, or purpose behind making virtual dollars, it would keep my interest much longer.

Just my 2 cents. 

William Kirkland

William - Thank you for your kind words.  Our goal for this product is taking it above and in a direction that has not been seen before.