DaveR_UK

RESOLVED Theme management and use

Couple of quick queries, I've looked around and can't find the info I am seeking, please forgive if I am asking something obvious but I'm unclear on these points:

1 - Active theme. How can  I confirm which theme is active? I've seen some mention of an info box in the lower right corner of the console, but I can't find this.
2 - Theme changes. if I have my sim running and spot a community theme for example that looks interesting, can I add that them whilst the sim is running? If not, is it possible to introduce issues by doing so, and what would need to be done to revert to an "as was" state?

thanks
Dave

To see what is installed in the sim, you have to click on the ENVIROMENT tab and it will be in the lower right corner. I believe the manual tells you not to inject while the sim is running and if you don't like the theme you installed, simply go to your themes and install the theme you want.

2 hours ago, gets said:

To see what is installed in the sim, you have to click on the ENVIROMENT tab and it will be in the lower right corner. I believe the manual tells you not to inject while the sim is running and if you don't like the theme you installed, simply go to your themes and install the theme you want.

Hi gets, and thanks for that info. Found the Currently In-Sim feature now, and that's showing the set I subsequently selected when the sim was definitely not running, and it shows the expected sets, rather than the temporary set that was used for a test with sim running I think.

No adverse messages or warnings during any of these actions, so is it likely that trying to inject a theme with the sim already running may possibly just mess things for that session only, and any possible negative effects would be offset by subsequently injecting a theme correctly, with the sim not yet running?

Hi Dave, I will discuss with the other devs about coding a message stating the simulator is open if an end-user tries to inject textures during this time.

4 hours ago, timest999 said:

Hi Dave, I will discuss with the other devs about coding a message stating the simulator is open if an end-user tries to inject textures during this time.

Hi, if you guys think an in-use alert could be useful, then happy to have encountered a usage issue that could benefit from it. :)
As I say, I've not  noticed anything obviously untoward since then, but is there a possibility of anything being amiss? Equally is there a log I can go to for a looksee?

Nothing would be messed up permanently by injecting while the sim is open; it is like you said, the changes just won't show up in your current sim instance.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:01 PM, REX Support said:

Nothing would be messed up permanently by injecting while the sim is open; it is like you said, the changes just won't show up in your current sim instance.

Thanks for confirming that Galen, I'd call this one case closed then :)