gets

RESOLVED Just a word from a former beta tester.

Some times there are things we just have to get off our mind. As a flight simmer for over 30 years I was fascinated by REX 2.0 when it came out in 2009. The textures etc. were something I never experienced before. Realistic clouds and better frame rates were unheard of to my memory. So, when REX was looking for beta testers for the upcoming REX Essentials, I was accepted to be one. At that time there really was only two platforms for the FS world. FSX and X Plane. So, in 2011 the testing began. One would think that an assembled group of testers would be able to work seamlessly with no problems. Ah, I learned that is not true. Tester lived all over the world in different time zone and most had a regular job. I was retired and had ample time. But, back then we somehow did work together to test the builds that we were given to test and of course report any problems etc. Not that easy 7 years ago. Much has changed. REX E was released and for the most part wasn't that bad. The developers would take the information from those who were using the program and improved it until they finally released REXE+OD which to this day is a great application. With each upgrade, there was no charge for the owners of the original application. Of course over the next 7 years we would go on to test many other products. We had beta tester come and go and even sadly one that passed away suddenly. I am no longer testing for REX, but I would like the FS community to know that it has been a great pleasure working with Reed and Tim and the rest of the team over the past seven years. They are the most honest, giving, kind people I have had the pleasure of working with. I owned my own business before retiring and my thought was that my reputation for what I did would reward me in the future. Reed and Tim in my opinion, go to extremes to make their public happy. Great support etc. and a great product. So, just a very heartfelt thanks to Tim and Reed to work on so many great products over the past 7 years.

Thank you both and all others at REX Game Studios.

Regards:

Bob G.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Bob for the kind words! I know I've only been around for a shorter part of your time with REX, but it's always been a pleasure working with you. :)

Pleasure working with you also Galen. Keep up the great work.

• Like 2

@gets

Bob,

It's been a pleasure having you aboard. I am honored to have had such a class act involved in our company. I will miss your voice in our meetings and wish you the best in everything you do. If you ever want to talk about 'things' you know how to reach me :)

Cheers to you sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that Tim. Feelings are mutual. 8)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice, well thought out words Sir. I currently Beta test for JF and really appreciate the work that goes in to bringing products to the wider community. I have to say that ever since I found REX products, not to long ago REX E + OD was my first, they have always been my go to for making my sim look great, it's really the only thing I miss when I use XP11. Lets hope the great work continues for many years.....

Wayne