Dane

MONITORING New Version of Wx Radar stil causing CTD in P3D v4.3

Both myself and the REX great tech staff spent many many days trying to solve why my P3D would have many CTD events after SkyForce 3D was in use.

We then determined to uninstall Wx Radar as that was the problem and to wait for the latest update.

So I did and no more CTD. I then installed the latest version of Wx Radar only to continue to have CTD's.  I have now uninstalled WX Radar and no more CTD's.

This is a copy of my Windows Event Report

EventData
      PREPAR3D.EXE
      5b2c3263
      weather.dll
      5b2c31d6
      c0000409
      000000000004a414
      01d42e9895f82037
      C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\PREPAR3D.EXE
      C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\weather.dll
      865be840-57de-4901-b9ed-853a6c91498e

FWIW,  I do NOT have SkyForce on my computer.  But I too have had consistent CTDs when using WX Advantage w P3Dv4.3, occurring mainly when attempting to load a second scenario. I've deleted WXA until we get feedback that the bug has been found and squashed and my P3Dv4.3 is again behaving normally.

Edited by DMdoc

Thought I would try one last time. So I reinstalled Wx Radar, fired up P3Dv4.3 and CTD returned. Uninstalled Wx Radar and all is good.

So REX, please take note there is something obviously not correct with Wx Radar and P3D v4.3.

Until there is a definite fix to this I will not install it.

REX, please keep us all updated on your progress...

Hi Dane,

We are currently working out a new .dll file to fix these issues. We are in the middle of testing it right now; however, the current version does fix the CTD for some users (including myself). That is what Naruto-kun (Jon Bleeker from MILVIZ) wanted to send you to try. We are not releasing it to the general public yet but we are seeing if it fixes certain users' issues.

51 minutes ago, REX Support said:

Hi Dane,

We are currently working out a new .dll file to fix these issues. We are in the middle of testing it right now; however, the current version does fix the CTD for some users (including myself). That is what Naruto-kun (Jon Bleeker from MILVIZ) wanted to send you to try. We are not releasing it to the general public yet but we are seeing if it fixes certain users' issues.

Thank you for your response.

I did try that file that Naruto-kun sent me, it was ok for some aircraft but not all. The Aerosoft PBY Catalina caused an instant CTD.

Hi Dane,

Thank you for your patience with us through this issue.

If you are not already part of our Insider Program and would like to join, please send an email to: support@rexgamestudios.com

Hi,  I have just purchased REX MILVIZ - WX ADVANTAGE RADAR for P3dv4.3 and am having problems. I can see that others in this forum are having similar problems but cannot see a remedy. 

The problem that I am having is that after I have installed the software, first disabling my anti virus and ensuring that my UAC is set to never report, when I install the radar to an aircraft, start up my P3dv4.3 simulator and select the aircraft that I have added the weather radar, the sim crashes to desktop. 
I have tried several different aircraft and the same result. Also, when I remove the radar from the aircraft and try to load the aircraft again, it still crashes to desktop. The only way I can prevent this is to uninstall the entire program. 
One other point; when I click on the uninstall radar button and remove it from the aircraft that I had selected, one of my aircraft, Carenado H25B H850XP, is included in the uninstall list, but I have not installed it to this aircraft! 

As  footnote I don't know if this has ant relevance but I have also got Sky Force 3D installed.

I am a tad confused and any assistance would be appreciated. 

Many thanks, 
Dave 

Edited by Dave Mould

7 hours ago, Dave Mould said:

Hi,  I have just purchased REX MILVIZ - WX ADVANTAGE RADAR for P3dv4.3 and am having problems. I can see that others in this forum are having similar problems but cannot see a remedy. 

The problem that I am having is that after I have installed the software, first disabling my anti virus and ensuring that my UAC is set to never report, when I install the radar to an aircraft, start up my P3dv4.3 simulator and select the aircraft that I have added the weather radar, the sim crashes to desktop. 
I have tried several different aircraft and the same result. Also, when I remove the radar from the aircraft and try to load the aircraft again, it still crashes to desktop. The only way I can prevent this is to uninstall the entire program. 
One other point; when I click on the uninstall radar button and remove it from the aircraft that I had selected, one of my aircraft, Carenado H25B H850XP, is included in the uninstall list, but I have not installed it to this aircraft! 

As  footnote I don't know if this has ant relevance but I have also got Sky Force 3D installed.

I am a tad confused and any assistance would be appreciated. 

Many thanks, 
Dave 

Sorry Dave but for now the only answer is to uninstall and leave it alone until REX gets a permanent fix. They seem to be having a real problem getting to the bottom of this issue but I know they are committed and working on it.

You can see all my prior postings regarding this problem.

SkyForce 3D works just fine, it is not causing the CTD.

This has been a while now. Has anybody got an update on a fix for this problem as I can’t see any recent posts. Do you have any news Reed, going on guys?

I believe I have the fix, one of the users has confirmed it. Just waiting for beta team confirmation.

• Like 1

Any chance of me getting this fix to try, as I’m getting fed up with having purchased a product that does not work and not being updated regarding the progress of a fix to the problem. Very unlike REX! The number one cause for complaints in any business is lack of communication!

Thanks

Hi Dave,

We are already beginning to see success; if you would like access to the Insider Program, please send an email to: support@rexgamestudios.com

I also apologize for the communication on this! We have been chasing our tails around with this for some time, hopefully now we should be able to release very shortly.

Hi, many thanks for your reply. I will do as you suggest and drop an email to gain access the ‘Insider program’ I am currently doing this with Traffic Global and assisting Simon Jones with his brilliant Super Trafficboard software. 

Is there any word on a fix for this?  I bought WX Advantage Radar and it has NEVER worked. Crashed P3Dv4 from the start. We're at least two months past that. Should I just get a refund?

12 hours ago, ArJuna said:

Is there any word on a fix for this?  I bought WX Advantage Radar and it has NEVER worked. Crashed P3Dv4 from the start. We're at least two months past that. Should I just get a refund?

Thank you for your patience and we are very sorry for the lack of response here from our Team.  We are working on a solution and believe we have found the solution.  Testing should be complete this weekend.  If we come out with flying colors we will release it immediately by Tuesday of next week.