rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX ENVIRONMENT FORCE - NEWS UPDATES

SUPPORTED PLATFORM:
Prepar3D v4.4 and 4.5

Boy you guys are really leaving FSX users behind and I'm not happy about that.

What's the problem?

Seems to me that you have really overloaded yourselves and can't seem to get one decent piece of software out.

I would suggest you get your act together on this.

4 minutes ago, James Wood said:

Boy you guys are really leaving FSX users behind and I'm not happy about that.

Maybe because FSX doesn't support shader tweaking on the fly, so how do you think they should make this to work on FSX?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, joe_fackel said:

Maybe because FSX doesn't support shader tweaking on the fly, so how do you think they should make this to work on FSX?

That, I don't know and that's not my problem. But it has been my understanding that all their software would be compatible with all sims. As an insider, I have not had anything to test for Sky Force on FSX in over a year. Everything they have done has been for p3d only. Then comes Weather Force, then Environment force and all the others they seem to be working on and not being able to get complete package for anything they have in a reasonable amount of time.

really frustrating

2 minutes ago, James Wood said:

But it has been my understanding that all their software would be compatible with all sims.

I'm wondering how you come to this conclusion, i've never read a statement in this direction. FSX/FSX:SE is in my opinion an 32bit dinosaur which is kept alive artifical and just binding developers resources for modern sims like P3D and XP.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, James Wood said:

That, I don't know and that's not my problem. But it has been my understanding that all their software would be compatible with all sims. As an insider, I have not had anything to test for Sky Force on FSX in over a year. Everything they have done has been for p3d only. Then comes Weather Force, then Environment force and all the others they seem to be working on and not being able to get complete package for anything they have in a reasonable amount of time.

really frustrating

FSX is dead.  Time to catch up with the times.  Why would developers waste precious time on a severely dated 32 bit platform?

• Like 3

dinosaur or not, there still is a significant market for it out there. p3d cost it to high and xplane sucks as far as I'm concerned.

If a developer creates software and sells for all platforms then all platforms should be updated at the same time. That is an implication and proof of intent of the developer

2 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

FSX is dead.  Time to catch up with the times.  Why would developers waste precious time on a severely dated 32 bit platform?

and your opinion is as good as mine.

Just now, James Wood said:

and your opinion is as good as mine.

It’s just common sense.  FSX would severely limit the capability of EF.

Successful installation, and is experiencing, I have to say, this is a very pioneering software, visual impact is very strong!

• Like 1

Installation was successful and I went for the auto mode. The sim is loading but I have a black screen, even when EF ist not running. I rebuilt the shaders but no success. What could that be?

21 minutes ago, meirellesmm said:

today is day 30. I'm waiting to buy
WHERE IS IT?

Everywhere...?

3 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Everywhere...?

Except in REX Store where I should get a discount.

Just now, Talos said:

Except in REX Store where I should get a discount.

Still waiting for FSpilotshop for mine.

I bought most of my REX products including SF3D from FsPilotshop. For the last 7-8 hours I am trying to buy EF but no luck. They have the product online, but there is no buy button, and it is marked as sold out. I am wondering how a downloadable product can be sold out. I addressed the same question to them in the morning but until now they have not replied... Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, spavlou said:

I bought most of my REX products including SF3D from FsPilotshop. For the last 7-8 hours I am trying to buy EF but no luck. They have the product online, but there is no buy button, and it is marked as sold out. I am wondering how a downloadable product can be sold out. I addressed the same question to them in the morning but until now they have not replied... Any ideas?

yes. They will make it buyable as soon as the time has come.

48 minutes ago, James Wood said:

dinosaur or not, there still is a significant market for it out there.

If HD-addons like SkyForce would run with FSX you will run faster in an 32-bit OOM as you can say "why i haven't switched to P3D 64-bit?"

5 minutes ago, joe_fackel said:

yes. They will make it buyable as soon as the time has come.

Thx!! I hope... In 4 hours here it will be 1st of May. It started to feel like I am waiting for my wife to give birth...

Hi REX , when will ef be available in the REX store as I have to buy it there for the discount  , joined REX store today for this .... thanks 

46 minutes ago, joe_fackel said:

If HD-addons like SkyForce would run with FSX you will run faster in an 32-bit OOM as you can say "why i haven't switched to P3D 64-bit?"

I have never ran into a OOM in fsx with skyforce. and how do you get around this?

Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product.

4 minutes ago, James Wood said:

I have never ran into a OOM in fsx with skyforce. and how do you get around this?

Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product.

Good lord.  Do something with your life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mpw8679 said:

Good lord.  Do something with your life.

I'm pretty much done with my life and don't have much left to do, thank you. Let's have a little respect here ok?

19 minutes ago, James Wood said:

I'm pretty much done with my life and don't have much left to do, thank you. Let's have a little respect here ok?

Well have a little respect for the REX guys and quit making ignorant assumptions ok?