rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX ENVIRONMENT FORCE - NEWS UPDATES

On 4/11/2019 at 3:06 AM, rstough said:

UPDATE: 4/10/2019

We in the middle of our Lima Cycle test of Environment Force with Prepar3D 4.5 and so far so good!  We do not expect delays with our Pre-Deployment of the product. 

No update today? 

Tomorrow there's a live broadcast with the devs.  Maybe there will be some news then.  Can't wait!

4 minutes ago, windowseat73 said:

Tomorrow there's a live broadcast with the devs.  Maybe there will be some news then.  Can't wait!

I thought the launch was today! 

10 hours ago, skycruiser said:

I thought the launch was today! 

How did you know it was today? Hope so 

37 minutes ago, asustech said:

How did you know it was today? Hope so 

REX ENVIRONMENT FORCE STATUS UPDATE: PRE-DEPLOYMENT 
BUILD: Release Build
DATE: 4/9/2019    

As many know, Prepar3D 4.5 has been released.  We have one small test to do with the final release build.  Once we confirm everything works, we'll continue to proceed with our Pre-Deployment Phase.

From more information about Environment Force go to: http://www.rexsimulations.com/envforce.html

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019

We in the middle of our Lima Cycle test of Environment Force with Prepar3D 4.5 and so far so good!  We do not expect delays with our Pre-Deployment of the product. 

Just a guess because there is a post on the 10th of April that says the next update will be on the 22nd :)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, skycruiser said:

REX ENVIRONMENT FORCE STATUS UPDATE: PRE-DEPLOYMENT 
BUILD: Release Build
DATE: 4/9/2019    

As many know, Prepar3D 4.5 has been released.  We have one small test to do with the final release build.  Once we confirm everything works, we'll continue to proceed with our Pre-Deployment Phase.

From more information about Environment Force go to: http://www.rexsimulations.com/envforce.html

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019

Just a guess because there is a post on the 10th of April that says the next update will be on the 22nd :)

Yay , its official , release date is 30th April 2019 .... sweet , times999 has said that it will be released in the UK only and the rest of world next year !!!! Lol ( he didn't really) 

Screenshot_20190423-180620_Chrome.jpg

Edited by asustech

If I remember correctly, it will be announced Saturday, but Skyforce owners will get a discount. 

• Like 1

Hi, @rstough just two question:

Is EF compatible with prepard3d v4.3? Because the manual shows v4.4 and v4.5.

When EF is released, Should i set the same time in weather automation control in EF and weather injection in SF.

Example:

Weather automation control: 5 min  

Weather injection: 5 min

Which is the recommendation?

Regards.

12 hours ago, Alox said:

Hi, @rstough just two question:

Is EF compatible with prepard3d v4.3? Because the manual shows v4.4 and v4.5.

When EF is released, Should i set the same time in weather automation control in EF and weather injection in SF.

Example:

Weather automation control: 5 min  

Weather injection: 5 min

Which is the recommendation?

Regards.

At this time it is only compatible with P3D 4.4 and 4.5.  We will be issuing updates to support early versions of 4.  We just need to get through this initial release.

What you suggested above is what I have been using and it works really well at having the injection and automation at 5 minutes.

13 hours ago, windowseat73 said:

If I remember correctly, it will be announced Saturday, but Skyforce owners will get a discount. 

Sky Force owners get a 10% discount at the store where they purchased Sky Force.

• Like 1

So what is the plan for FSX? I was really looking forward to smooth weather injection with Environment Force -

• Like 1

@rstough good day to all,

do we still need SF 3D with EF? if YES, what for? if no, is it still going to be offered for sale with the availability of EF?

5 hours ago, penta_a said:

@rstough good day to all,

do we still need SF 3D with EF? if YES, what for? if no, is it still going to be offered for sale with the availability of EF?

Yes, it is recommended to have them both. Essentially, EF is an engine that needs to be supplied with texture sets and weather data, so it can work efficiently for best visual experience. The alternative supported option is Texture Direct. Other 3rd party options will be coming later.
In automation mode, based on weather conditions, EF engine will select appropriate textures from SF sets and will build the sky situation for you.
In manual mode, it is up to you to decide which cloud/sky set looks the best for your scene, so you can tweak it before you take a screenshot.

2 hours ago, Jarek said:

Yes, it is recommended to have them both. Essentially, EF is an engine that needs to be supplied with texture sets and weather data, so it can work efficiently for best visual experience. The alternative supported option is Texture Direct. Other 3rd party options will be coming later.
In automation mode, based on weather conditions, EF engine will select appropriate textures from SF sets and will build the sky situation for you.
In manual mode, it is up to you to decide which cloud/sky set looks the best for your scene, so you can tweak it before you take a screenshot.

So if you want to use Activesky and already have Texture Direct then you use EF to get the textures and EF will be supplied with the weather from Activesky.  Is that correct?

18 minutes ago, markw said:

So if you want to use Activesky and already have Texture Direct then you use EF to get the textures and EF will be supplied with the weather from Activesky.  Is that correct?

Yes, this is correct. To be precise, there are 2 options to choose from. First one is to enable weather data read by EF from REX server directly, based on real time data. Second one is to use weather pushed by Activesky to the sim and then EF pulls it from there (say if you would like to fly with historical or custom weather). See page 43 in the manual for details. The beauty is that there will be many use case options with EF and you can tweak it as you like.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:03 AM, wmcgrady said:

So what is the plan for FSX? I was really looking forward to smooth weather injection with Environment Force -

Smooth weather injection will be coming via Weather Force to FSX.  We can't perform the features of Environment Force on the FSX platform.  

Way to go guys- I'm taking Wed and Thurs off to fly around in this new world.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, windowseat73 said:

Way to go guys- I'm taking Wed and Thurs off to fly around in this new world.  Can't wait!

Thank you for your kind words.  Makes sure that you have Prepar3D v4.4 or 4.5 installed:

For anyone who did not see the live stream here is the Twitch stream:

This has probably been answered somewhere... but- will the sun glare effect shine through dense clouds like default P3D? I always have to turn off sun glare to avoid this very unrealistic effect. 

Thanks!

Wow, DPX too...you guys really left no stone unturned.  Getting rid of reshade is going to be a pleasure:-)