rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX ENVIRONMENT FORCE - NEWS UPDATES

1 hour ago, asustech said:

Hi REX , when will ef be available in the REX store as I have to buy it there for the discount  , joined REX store today for this .... thanks 

Not to worry , I got it at just flight and the points i had there covered the 10% discount .... so to speak lol 

Purchased from the REX Store, but how do I actually download it? I see no downoad link?

1 hour ago, James Wood said:

Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product.

I know what you mean. But there are tens of thousands users who use it exactly as that: as a personal/consumer product. And LM are pretty aware of that but do just "ignore" it. Like they ignore if you buy the 54 USD academic licence which is "only for students" when you are not one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, joe_fackel said:

I know what you mean. But there are tens of thousands users who use it exactly as that: as a personal/consumer product. And LM are pretty aware of that but do just "ignore" it. Like they ignore if you buy the 54 USD academic licence which is "only for students" when you are not one.

Thank you for your reply. That answers a lot of questions.

3 hours ago, James Wood said:

Everything they have done has been for p3d only.

FSX is 13 years old. You don't see a lot of development going on with the steam engine nowadays, either. Just saying.

Using active sky and i wonder how many layer do you all use in active sky. see clouds.. Next how many layer do REX enviroment use really?

Best regards

Nico

19 minutes ago, windowseat73 said:

Please delete- I found the answer.

It's helpful to others, if you tell us what the answer was. I cant find a download link? 

Good evening,

As there is no support section for EF as of yet, I will be posting requested support here. Can a member of the REX team elaborate and explain the correct procedure for Tomatoshade compatibility with EF as, when installing EF and having Tomatoshade reflection profiles installed, all of the displays are blacked out (see photo). This was not apparent before the installation of EF. Is there a way of implementing Tomatoshade reflections alongside EF or are they totally incompatible?

Photo: https://imgur.com/a/55eeaTd

Thanks,

Will Tearne

It looks like REX has left FSX users with their newest product, Environment Force.

So will you still support your other products which is compatible with FSX?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Flip1956 said:

It looks like REX has left FSX users with their newest product, Environment Force.

i was really looking forward  to see Environment Force for   fsx as well 

Just now, Estrela123m said:

i was really looking forward  to see Environment Force for   fsx as well 

The problem lies in your simulator, not in EF. Not possible as FSX is too limited.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flip1956 said:

I asked this same question earlier and I got a lot of snide remarks about it. I'm not sure but so it seems.

47 minutes ago, James Wood said:

I asked this same question earlier and I got a lot of snide remarks about it. I'm not sure but so it seems.

Our reputation speaks for itself, so of course, we still support our other products.

Is Environment Force  coming out for FSX At the moment it seems only for PDV 4............REGARDS KIWIPILOT

7 hours ago, kiwipilot said:

Is Environment Force  coming out for FSX At the moment it seems only for PDV 4............REGARDS KIWIPILOT

The answer is NO....

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:40 AM, James Wood said:

dinosaur or not, there still is a significant market for it out there. p3d cost it to high and xplane sucks as far as I'm concerned.

If a developer creates software and sells for all platforms then all platforms should be updated at the same time. That is an implication and proof of intent of the developer

you  what  do you  say about  users  that had  fs9   and  went  to  fsx   and  now   its  p3dv4    sooner  or  later  devs  are  going  to  drop  fsx   since  now  its  now  showing  its  age,  and why  would  you  switch  to p3dv4.  Your  missing  out  all the  features   that  fsx  has  no  way  of  showing

I stay with FSX this is working perfectly. I have tried P3D and it crashes all the time, so no way i'm gonna shift platform....

I have to admit that I am reading some aspects of this debate with dismay, there's really no need for antagonism between users of different platforms. We share a common passion.

I've been using sims since the early days and have just got back into it over the last few years. I returned with FSX:SE, and it was good to see how things had progressed, but it did not take long before I wanted more. I went to P3D.

Sure, in the course of that I realised that some add-on investment would be lost. More importantly, as I migrated to P3D, I started to read of certain developers announcing that FSX versions of add-ons would no longer be developed. I'm not talking recent history here, so it's not as if the writing wasn't on the wall guys.

I can only assume (emphasis on assume) that if new products were co-developed for all legacy platforms, a couple of things may happen:
-costs may go up for all versions of the products
-the timeline for new product would be extended

Taking that into consideration, along with P3D adopting 64 bit architecture, I struggle to see the logic of staying with a platform that inevitably has a finite lifetime. Equally, given how products like P3D and associated add-ons can make more of new hardware architecture, ultimately it's a missed opportunity for the user.

Now if FSX platform was 64 bit architecture already, then yeah, that'd be reason for concern, but it's not and never will be. New product development shouldn't necessarily be constrained by the lowest common denominator.

I don't wish to get into a debate here, but just offer what I believe is a truly impartial view, having gone through the change curve already, and seeing how product lines are changing.

☮️

• Like 3

Hey guys,

I have a question/problem regarding Environment Force.

First of all I got a sim setup with three projectors. Every time when I load up the sim I get the EF window inside P3D where I can change literally everything. 😄  But is it possible to hide/not to show that window on startup ? It is really complex and inconvenient closing it every time with a three projector solution !

Many thanks in advance !

Best regards EschFlight

Curious? I have P3D v4.5HF operating and supplying a View group with 4 external views in my full size 737 cockpit.

Naturally, I always start EF first. EF is configured to Auto and start-up on Task Bar. When I start P3D, and my four views display out of the black, EF stays hidden. Just the little UI appears in the lower left of my most left 50" monitor.

Aussie

On 5/18/2019 at 1:19 AM, rstough said:

REX ENVIRONMENT FORCE STATUS UPDATE: RELEASED
BUILD: TECHNICAL UPDATE 1.1
DATE:   5/17/2019

DEVELOPER MESSAGE:

We have officially released Technical Update 1.1 for REX Environment Force.  Here is the official fix list with this build:

Fixed – HDR issues.
Fixed – PBR issues.
Fixed – Bloom issues.
Fixed – P3D CTD issues.
Fixed – Reworked validation code that prevented the mini UI.
Fixed – Water movement bug.
Fixed – Other performance fixes
Fixed – Fog/Haze when fog mode is off.
Fixed – Cloud morphing with Tomato Shade
Fixed – Lowered KeyExposure minimums for better HDR bloom tweaks
Fixed - Cloud morphing with PTA presets
Fixed - Cloud saturation with PTA presets
Fixed – Reduced bloom to minimums
Fixed - Performances issues
Added – Water wind to in-sim menu
Added – Experimental PBR controls to mini UI.
Added - Cloud visibility to the in-sim menu.
Added – Save last session option in in-sim mini UI.
Added – Server validation error messages

You can download and install the overwrite patch through the automatic download within the application or from the link below:

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51652-REX-environment-force-technical-update-11/

Or you can download and install the latest full build from the store where you purchased the product.

NEXT UPDATE:  TBD

Where i can find the update?

PRODUCT:  REX ENVIRONMENT FORCE
BUILD:  TECHNICAL UPDATE 2.0
CYCLE:  CHARLIE
DATE:   6/18/2019

Developer note:

Hello Everyone -

We are nearly finished with build 0617.2.0.1. It will be issued to our QA, Insiders, and Connect teams for Charlie Cycle testing later today.

This includes some major improvements to the HDR system as well as many other items.

It is our hope to release this build by Thursday of this week or Tuesday of next week.  Stay tuned for more updates.

NEXT UPDATE: Monday, June 24, 2019