rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG ENVIRONMENT FORCE - FIRST LOOK

On 12/12/2018 at 2:05 PM, timest999 said:

2018-12-12_2-12-51-69.jpg

Tim, are those city lights from Environment Force ? Thanks.

Would you give us an update?.

Regards.

Thanks for the news, glad things are moving along.  What exactly does pre-deployment mean?  Are we talking weeks or months before release?  X-plane is beautiful but boring, P3D is awesome but ugly.  You guys are hopefully primed to make that world more beautiful and easier to manipulate, and I want to enjoy that world before I leave this one lol. 

John

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2019 at 12:45 AM, 0Artur0 said:

How long do you think "Deployment Phase" will last?

Deployment phase is not very long, but we are not quite there yet.  We need to make one more cycle of testing.  There were just too many hiccups and some changes we needed to make.

Is there any good news? :(

Hi guys, how more phases do you have before the launch?

itching to get to grips with this............

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 12:20 AM, kjetihaa said:

Wow. Juhuu, as we say here in Norway! Great work REX team! :rolleyes:

Welcome from Norway!  Thank you for your very kind words.

On 3/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, Alox said:

Hi guys, how more phases do you have before the launch?

We will know more today.  Our testing was supposed to stop Monday, but we are shortening it up today.

I just came across this image on Environemnt Force page. I was just curious and wondered if its updated in real time?

Environment Force.jpg

Posted (edited)

I use PTA preset that gives me very close-to-real effects. Will REX Environment change settings/visuals  made by PTA (visually of course, not shaders files)?

Cheers!

Edited by xorcismus

Posted (edited)

Wasn't there a plan for a weather engine application?  If I recall correctly it was going to be a free addon for Skyforce users.....  has this plan since been changed? as i can't seem to find anything on the forums regarding this.  or is enviroment force going to include an weather engine and it be the free addon for skyforce users?

Edited by caleb1

Could you please tell me if this replaces REX texture direct? and Sky force. I am a little confused over the different REX products and what each do. Thank you

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, secondtime said:

Could you please tell me if this replaces REX texture direct? and Sky force. I am a little confused over the different REX products and what each do. Thank you

If I understand correctly, yes, environment force will replace Texture Direct.  But not sure about skyforce.  An explanation as to exactly what each product does would be great!  :)

@rstough

Edited by caleb1

So there is no need to buy texture direct then. I guess I will save my pennies and wait until environment force.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, secondtime said:

So there is no need to buy texture direct then. I guess I will save my pennies and wait until environment force.

That's what I'd do.  Only problem is I already have Texture direct!  But still I will consider environment force.  I hope its free though. (for skyforce customers)

Edited by caleb1

Posted (edited)

Ok I found the thread containing the info about a weather engine......  It looks like it will be a more of a free update to SkyForce not generically another addon...

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49081-weather-force-news-updates/

But my question is, exactly how will these products work with each other?  My understanding of it is (correct me if I'm wrong):

1.  Skyforce is a sky/cloud texture addon

2. Weather force will be a weather engine only. (to work in conjunction with skyforce)

3. Environment force will be a....

a) shader tweaker

b) a sky/cloud texture addon

c) a earth/water texture addon

d) a weather engine

e) an addon basically replacing (by doing the same things as) skyforce, weather force, and Texture Direct combined.

So would environment force be basically putting skyforce and texture direct users's $50+ USD spent on those addons to waste if we want to buy environment force?

In my opinion environment force should be a free, or highly discounted, addon only for those who own skyforce and texture direct.

EDIT: or will environment force include sky textures etc but they will not be as good as skyforce's?  Therefore making skyforce's textures still significant?  It would be amazing to have an in sim video of changing between which REX addons are used so we could get a good and confident feel as to exactly how these products work with each other.

Thanks,

Caleb

Edited by caleb1

I asked this on Avsim and someone said that environmental force is not a texture program. I am still confused but I just bought texture direct anyhow. Envtex was giving me headaches. I think that environmental force will update real time clouds and it will use the information from texture direct and skyforce but it won't be a full do all program unless I am mistaken. I am just gathering bits and pieces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, secondtime said:

I asked this on Avsim and someone said that environmental force is not a texture program. I am still confused but I just bought texture direct anyhow. Envtex was giving me headaches. I think that environmental force will update real time clouds and it will use the information from texture direct and skyforce but it won't be a full do all program unless I am mistaken. I am just gathering bits and pieces.

This could very well be the case.  You are probably right.

Clarification from the REX developers would be helpful though. :)

• Like 1