rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG ENVIRONMENT FORCE - FIRST LOOK

And again i get three useless emails from forum threads i subscriped to to not miss

IMPORTANT infos.

32 minutes ago, Alox said:

Update ::)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, timest999 said:

2018-12-12_2-12-51-69.jpg

Up to this moment I still can't see/understand the difference between SF 3D and EF, they both have/handle clouds, sky colors/tones. weather system, and I don't know what else (live shader handling maybe?).

how ever I'm waiting eagerly for the release to try it out my self and see the difference.

my best wishes to you for a successful release.

Edited by penta_a

On 12/13/2018 at 3:01 AM, penta_a said:

Up to this moment I still can't see/understand the difference between SF 3D and EF...

You should re-watch the very first post in this section. The video does a great job explaining what EF does.

I know it isn’t something that REX can fix, but I’m ready for LM to develop 3D clouds and get rid of the rotating 2D clouds. Even as good as the image looks above, the stratus clouds still have that 2D feel to them. I hope the next version will bring this option at least to devs to build on. I look forward to seeing what the updates will bring to the sim, though unfortunately I won’t be able to use them for the next year. I look forward to seeing the videos everyone produces. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 6:04 PM, rcoultas said:

You should re-watch the very first post in this section. The video does a great job explaining what EF does.

Maybe I did not express my self very well,

thanks for the advice, I did see that video several times and what I came up with is this, making those clouds move according to wind direction/speed should be part of SF 3D as it has the weather engine and cloud structure/creator already, EF to me is an upgrade (added missing element) to SF 3D to make it more alive and no need for another stand alone software to do that.

never the less, I like it (and it's a must for me) and I will get it as soon as it's released, I just love the work these guys are doing. keep it up REX.

Edited by penta_a
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2018 at 12:52 AM, 0Artur0 said:

The alphabet is still long, yet not infinite ;)

That is funny.  It just helps us keep better track of our testing cycles.  If we get to Z then well we will start with numbers.  LOL!

• Like 1

If it gets to Z, it'll probably happen when p3d v5 comes out lol...I vote you throw it out as a work in progress, with functionality added as kinks get worked out- once you get to Hotel cycle :-)

Great news and good luck on your progress.  I don't know if I'll be around whenever this gets released- been waiting with baited breath for a very long time, and this has been a drawn-out tease.  Moving forward with X-plane for a while, since much of what this offers can already be done over there.

Wish you well.

4 minutes ago, windowseat73 said:

...since much of what this offers can already be done over there.

No it can't ;)

Sorry- My sarcasm doesn't read as nicely as it sounds in the rw.  Give us a taste of what we can expect- just a little?? 

Edited by windowseat73

On 1/18/2019 at 8:09 PM, meyercub said:

Will this work in FSX?

Environment Force will be limited to Prepar3D v 4 at this time.