rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG ENVIRONMENT FORCE - FIRST LOOK

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, RancidViper said:

Hi Reed,

Sorry if this has been asked before but this comment just reminded me about historical weather. Will that be added to Sky Force or will that be part of Weather Force?

Cheers

We are going to include historical weather into Sky Force, but we are not sure what update yet.  We want to get the weather engine sorted first and Weather Force integrated.

• Like 2

so this enhances sky force 3D? so if weather force is finished it will be like a pack name like Ultimate Force 3D? do i need ASN with Sky Force 3D?

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, lamexxus said:

so this enhances sky force 3D? so if weather force is finished it will be like a pack name like Ultimate Force 3D? do i need ASN with Sky Force 3D?

The name of the product will remain Sky Force.  

After we release Weather Force you will not need ASN.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So SkyForce 3D, Environment Force and Weather Force? SkyForce 3D for clouds and sky, Environment for environment textures and WeatherForce for weather engine?

19 hours ago, crashbar said:

So SkyForce 3D, Environment Force and Weather Force? SkyForce 3D for clouds and sky, Environment for environment textures and WeatherForce for weather engine?

Yes

How much all these program affect ours frames in fsx because they will be running at the same time?

15 hours ago, Anthony Geinopolos said:

Yes

What do you mean by "environment textures"? Water, grass, runways,...?

I imagine EnviromentForce will give us what Texture direct gives us minus SkyForce.  For example, I still have to use Texture Direct in conjunction with SkyForce to get the complete textures.  My guess is EnviromentForce will replace Texture Direct.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:04 PM, Alox said:

How much all these program affect ours frames in fsx because they will be running at the same time?

Should not experience much effect at all on  your FPS.

On 9/19/2018 at 12:24 AM, 0Artur0 said:

What do you mean by "environment textures"? Water, grass, runways,...?

This is not a texture program.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:58 AM, crashbar said:

I imagine EnviromentForce will give us what Texture direct gives us minus SkyForce.  For example, I still have to use Texture Direct in conjunction with SkyForce to get the complete textures.  My guess is EnviromentForce will replace Texture Direct.

This is not a texture program.  This program goes way beyond textures. 

REX ENVIRONMENT FORCE STATUS UPDATE: DEBUG PHASE
Build: Release Build

Update: 10/4/2018

We just completed our Alpha Cycle of testing with the new interface of the product.  The test results were decently good.  There are several fixes that need to be completed as well as some changes to one of the interfaces to make it more understandable.

We are hoping to start our second (Beta) Cycle of three testing no later than Monday, October 8th.

We do expect to have to go through at least one more cycle of testing after this one.

More to come soon.

Next Update: Monday, October 15, 2018

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the question many of us have that already own other products is this...  If I own Sky Force 3D with soft clouds and there will be an update adding some of the new features from Environment Force what exactly then will be the differences?  In other words, after updating SF3D, what will EF offer that I don't already have?   We all need to decide if we will buy the new products or if our current investment will do the job.  Kind of sucks to buy any companies best products only to have them create/release a totally new better version soon after.  It's the comparisons I think many want.  I know that's what I look at.  Point by point comparison of what each product does.  That way we can choose as much or as little as we want/need/afford.  :)

While you already clarified some things for me, Reed, I think a post at some point making sure everyone understands what the programs do.  It's easy to create software and think it's pretty obvious what each does, but based on my own experience as well as what I am reading others post in other forums and this one it is confusing.  Personally, I think Texture Direct should have been named SKY Texture Direct + Water.  :)  

Anyway, just my .047 worth...  I know part of it comes from hating when I have 5 programs installed that do 3 things..  because of overlapping that either I didn't know was duplication or the differences are so very minor you really don't need them all.  If that makes any sense.

Greg

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:13 AM, SpectroPro said:

I think the question many of us have that already own other products is this...  If I own Sky Force 3D with soft clouds and there will be an update adding some of the new features from Environment Force what exactly then will be the differences?  In other words, after updating SF3D, what will EF offer that I don't already have?   We all need to decide if we will buy the new products or if our current investment will do the job.  Kind of sucks to buy any companies best products only to have them create/release a totally new better version soon after.  It's the comparisons I think many want.  I know that's what I look at.  Point by point comparison of what each product does.  That way we can choose as much or as little as we want/need/afford.  :)

While you already clarified some things for me, Reed, I think a post at some point making sure everyone understands what the programs do.  It's easy to create software and think it's pretty obvious what each does, but based on my own experience as well as what I am reading others post in other forums and this one it is confusing.  Personally, I think Texture Direct should have been named SKY Texture Direct + Water.  :)  

Anyway, just my .047 worth...  I know part of it comes from hating when I have 5 programs installed that do 3 things..  because of overlapping that either I didn't know was duplication or the differences are so very minor you really don't need them all.  If that makes any sense.

Greg

Greg -

Without getting into too much right now we plan to have some LIVE sessions to allow people to talk with us so that they can get a bigger picture of what Environment Force does vs our other products.  Text and images do not really show what can be done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rstough said:

Greg -

Without getting into too much right now we plan to have some LIVE sessions to allow people to talk with us so that they can get a bigger picture of what Environment Force does vs our other products.  Text and images do not really show what can be done.

I can't wait for that!!!  I watched the video from the show....blew my mind!!!!   Like I was saying though...I think (and I could be way wrong..maybe just me...lol) people like side by side comparisons... I know for me, there are times I buy the cheaper cause it does all I need it to do...and there are times I have seen what I want in a product...so I simply wait until I can get the one I really want/need.  But if I already own product A...and then product B comes out NEW and product A gets some of what B has as an update...I still want to see a point by point comparison so I can decide if I stick with what I already own or upgrade to B.  Or, maybe I keep A but also buy B because A has some things that the new B doesn't.  

I hope all that makes sense....  I know I talked about one product, but I am more attempting to talk about all products by any company...  I mean, even products by different companies....side by side comparisons (which many companies do showcasing THEIR product vs another companies...) really help put into light pros and cons.. And yea, I know I am way too anal about this stuff..  Comes from too many years of reading Consumer Reports every month and seeing every product side by side with similar products.. LOL!!!

I think what you all do and are doing is amazing!!!  It really makes MY hobby way more fun!!  So thank you for all of that!

Greg

• Like 1

Greg -

I get where you are coming from.  We are going to try to do our best to show the "WHY" this product is a must have.  But again we are going to have to do this through video and live so that people can engage with us on this.  Text and some screenshots are not enough.

REX ENVIRONMENT FORCE STATUS UPDATE: DEBUG PHASE
Build: Release Build 
Update: 10/15/2018 

We are in the midst of our Beta (second) Cycle of testing the main product.  Tests seem to be going well.  This testing cycle will be completed on Wednesday, October 25th.  We do expect to go to Charlie Cycle in our testing.  But we do not expect any major fix items.  More later.

Next Update: Monday, October 23, 2018 

• Thanks 1