windowseat73

Environment Force/Shaders

I just read the release about Environment force, and its mention of being able to change shaders in-sim.  I've been eagerly awaiting this type of functionality for a long time, and it's awesome to hear that REX is designing this type of feature.  However, I was wondering if it's feasible to release it as a stand alone utility instead of waiting for it to be integrated into Environment force?  First, I think that such a tool would be widely-popular, and second, we wouldn't have to wait for a couple of years, as we did for Skyforce to roll out, to start enjoying what that tool can offer. 

Just my two cents,

John

Hi John,

Glad you like what you see! Just so you know, we're a LOT further along with Environment Force at this stage than we were with Sky Force when we announced that. We already have the beta testing done for all the functionality. All we have to do now is finish the interface.

As for a standalone utility, I'd have to check with the devs on that one. The ability to recompile shaders came along as a sort of "side effect" for the way we're doing our own modifications, so I'm not sure how feasible that would be on its own.

• Like 1