rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SKY FORCE - NEWS UPDATES

On 3/2/2019 at 12:06 AM, vesku_63 said:

rstough says: We will have a small build to push out this week . And  I ask when? Now Saturday morning (Finland) and the week ends.

Vesku_63

Guys, we know that you have been more than patient.  This has been a very difficult year trying to get things with 2 major products in development.  But I think we are close to getting back to a more regular release pattern.  The structure we needed to have last year is now in place so it is easing things.

Okey.

The question is whether it will be a separate hotfix or whether it will be directly linked to the old version 5.0.2018.05.20, without any separate installation. Does REX SkyForce / general settings / software updates update it automatically.

And sorry, I'm cranky more than enough and you know its cause. I have been through an e-mail to communicate with you on many time in the last year.

This, of course, the wrong place to unleash the bad feeling, But honestly I wonder how long it goes to get a working version out properly.

Hoping for everything good. Vesku_63

Updates will work automatically, but this will be a full reinstall because there are some significant changes to the core of the system.

Copied the good news about Environment Force. Would that imminent release mean that users of Sky Force will receive the new weather engine immediately, or will there be a technical update to the existing Sky Force weather engine first?

Whatever happens I am extremely happy with Sky Force, but obviously looking forward to any improvements you can offer. Keep up the good work. 

On 3/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, rstough said:

REX SKY FORCE STATUS UPDATE: DEBUG PHASE
BUILD: Technical Update 2.1
DATE: 3/11/2018    

Our team is preparing Technical Update 2.1 for the QA Team and Insider team.  Testing will begin Tuesday, March 12th.

We consider this to be a release type candidate, but we do expect to get one or two cycles of testing.

The focus of Technical Update 2.1 has been mostly on the weather engine, a few additional features, code fixes, and performance adjustments.  A more detailed list of fixes will be provided prior to release.

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, MARCH 18, 2019

Any update?  I'm looking forward to the smooth weather transitions coming in Creative update 1 after TU2.1

14 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Any update?  I'm looking forward to the smooth weather transitions coming in Creative update 1 after TU2.1

Once there is a update he will post 

Patience plz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vesku_63 said:

Thanks news.

Vesku_63

Your welcome.  I am sorry it was a day late.  Just been very crazy going on behind the scenes with testing two products and preparing for other stuff.

1 hour ago, rstough said:

DATE: 4/16/2018

Uhhm. I mean... Is this an April 1 joke? Date 4/16/2018??! 😂

Or is this an old post?

@rstough for this new testing will we have to fill out a new form?. Regards

Posted (edited)

REX SKY FORCE STATUS UPDATE: PRE-DEPLOYMENT 
DATE: 4/9/2019    

We have completed our testing of Technical Update 2.1. Because Prepar3D 4.5 has been released today, we need to confirm all works with the final release build.  Then we will finish our preparations for the release of this build.

Technical Update 2.2 is being prepared for testing shortly.

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019

Edited by rstough
Corrected the next update date.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, James Wood said:

So whats happening with SF for FSX and FSX-SE. Have we been orphaned or what?

James

We will continue to support FSX and FSX-SE with Sky Force.  The updates will be coming at the same time.

• Like 1

Hi REX Team,,

😀 c’mon guys?! ... no plans for an Easter sale?? 😯

Mike

Hi REX Team,

when will the technical update will be released. 

You write:

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019

Thanks 

Frank from EDDM

Hallo REX Support Team,

1. Can i use REX 5 – Environment Force without REX Skyforce 3D.

At this time i have deinstalled my Skyforce 3D and wait to the new technical 2.1 installer.

2. Can i use Environment Force with ASCA. I think i must untick all 4 Checkboxes in ASCA

Thanks for helping

Frank from EDDM

On 4/26/2019 at 1:56 PM, rstough said:

REX SKY FORCE STATUS UPDATE: PRE-DEPLOYMENT 
DATE: 4/26/2019    

Sky Force - Technical Update 2.1
Will be officially released May 3, 2019.  We are presently testing the current builds and will begin staging the product over the weekend.

Sky Force - Technical Update 2.2
Alpha cycle testing of this build will be closing today.  We will be waiting for the release of 2.1 before our next build of 2.2 goes to the Insiders and QA Team.

Sky Force - Creative Update 1
Our major upgrade to Sky Force will be going into testing very soon.  The core of Creative Update 1 will focus mostly on Weather Force integration. 

NEXT UPDATE: FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2019

A bit confused...how will this affect EF5 now that its released?

Hey Rstough

I just purchased Rex5 Environment Force. I never received a fix for the missing texture pics after the most recent reset. Therefore im going to uninstall and reinstall my current version from simmarket.

my question is when I do this will rex5EF bring forth all of the other updates during the beta, or do we need to install any interim updates prior to the release of REXEF 5?

Hi Guys! Great job getting the EF Hotfix out so quickly! :)

Any news about the SF Update we have all be eagerly waiting for? I was hoping for a release today? Thanks!

When I look at what has during in about a over year . There's came been new, corrected many old and many times, but sky force is still open.
Sorry strought. You say, but thank you for your patience, but i feel that you underestimate us sky force owners. waiting, waiting , waitng........ .Maybe next years.

Why do you always say that next week a next update will come once no update, or will come, but no sky force. I'm really not going to buy any more parts that I could do for my sky force, no no, no thanks.

I'm sorry to say, but feels betrayed :

Vesku_63

I think the reasoning behind the delay in updating Skyforce is a little pathetic. Your loyal customers will not be confused by two updates to separate products being issued on the same day, so why should your retailers? I also believe that Skforce customers, who have been patiently waiting for the promised smooth weather engine have been given a bad deal in the upgrade discounts. 10% off Environment Force is a poor reward when any new customer for Environment Force receives a 50% discount on the more expensive Skyforce. I am using both, but have found the weather engine in Skyforce to cause either P3D to crash, or my aircraft autopilot to trip out.

So please can you expedite the, promised, smooth weather engine ASAP. As far as Environment Force is concerned, initially on auto mode all the colours were too bright and washed out in daylight. With the new hot fix the cockpit is much darker in shadow than the clouds, which are too bright. It has promise but its not quite there yet. I don't want to spend all my time tweaking, so would like the auto mode to produce a realistic look, which in my opinion it does not do at the moment. 

I know we have been waiting so long, but believe me with the release of technical update 2.1 - 2.2 we will have a more stable program. Regards.

@Alox: I hope so.

And weather engine is terrible, still . I normally fly to Aerosoft Airbus. the weather engine will fill the new data, take a moment and during that time the wind direction may change by 180 degrees and drop the speed of the airplane so badly that when the weather engine has made adjustments and the wind direction returns, then the cab shouts stall stall ....., very funny.

But waiting.

Vesku_63

1 hour ago, loverallan said:

Any good news today?

Did REX post one here?