rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SKY FORCE - NEWS UPDATES

REX SKY FORCE STATUS UPDATE: DEVELOPMENT
BUILD: Technical Update 2.1, Creative Update 1
DATE: 1/14/2018

Technical Update 2.1 
We are progressing in our development.  We hope to be releasing several unit tests of Technical Update 2.1 to the Insider Program as well as our Quality Assurance Team within the next several days.  

Creative Update 1
This update is progressing along.  We have some really cool stuff we are working on. We look forward to sharing once we get Technical Update 2.1 released.

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, JANUARY 28 , 2019

• Like 2

Although my previous post was removed, this sounds good if it is true. Certainly there have been problems, but the fact that the too rosy picture is given will certainly annoy many. I'm looking forward to 2.1 update coming out. good luck.

REX SKY FORCE STATUS UPDATE: DEBUG
BUILD: Technical Update 2.1
DATE: 1/23/2018

Technical Update 2.1 
We are happy to say that we have officially released a test version of Technical Update 2.1 to our QA Testers as well as our Insider Program.  This is an incremental update to focus testing on the weather engine and mapping system performance. 

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, JANUARY 28 , 2019

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vesku_63 said:

Finally. Still the final wait , or?

It's now in the hands of those who signed up for our Insider Program as well as those in our internal beta team.

Hopefully the beta testers also want to let others enjoy the sky force product, and don't skimp it . ;) joke joke

Vesku_63

REX SKY FORCE STATUS UPDATE: DEBUG
BUILD: Technical Update 2.1
DATE: 1/28/2018

Technical Update 2.1 
The current build (PB1.0) that is with the Insider Program and QA Team is not the full build of Technical Update 2.1, because we have focused mainly on two areas:  Weather Engine improvements and Mapping performance issues.

Feedback has been good so far, but there are some rendering issues that we will be working for the next build for testing (PB1.1).  We will be also including some additional fixes with the next build.

NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2019  

Edited by rstough
Updated the Next Update date.

rstough said that: Feedback has been good so far, but there are some issues that we will be working on for the next build (PB1.1). We will also have some additional fixes with the next build.

Does this mean that the 2.1 update does not come out at all, when there is ever new need for upgrading and starting new ?????????

The date just goes on to the future. Incredible.

maybe this message will be deleted when the censorship strikes.

and 4 days went already?

Vesku_63

Edited by vesku_63

On 2/3/2019 at 7:23 PM, Alox said:

How is the PB1.1 going?

PB1.1 is being worked on, and we hope to have a new build early next week for the Insiders and QA Team.  Our final testing internally on PB1.0 closes tomorrow.  

8 hours ago, vesku_63 said:

rstough said that: Feedback has been good so far, but there are some issues that we will be working on for the next build (PB1.1). We will also have some additional fixes with the next build.

Does this mean that the 2.1 update does not come out at all, when there is ever new need for upgrading and starting new ?????????

The date just goes on to the future. Incredible.

maybe this message will be deleted when the censorship strikes.

and 4 days went already?

Vesku_63

I am not sure where you got that Technical Update 2.1 will not be coming out from my comments above.  PB1.1 is (Public Beta 1.1), this is the Insider Build we will be providing next week to the Insiders and to our QA team.  Our internal testing of PB1.0 ends Thursday so we will take the feedback we received and add those items to the fix list.

As I have stated before that Sky Force will be closely tied to Environment Force so that is the main reason why Technical Update 2.1 has been delayed in the past.  

1 hour ago, rstough said:

I am not sure where you got that Technical Update 2.1 will not be coming out from my comments above.  PB1.1 is (Public Beta 1.1), this is the Insider Build we will be providing next week to the Insiders and to our QA team.  Our internal testing of PB1.0 ends Thursday so we will take the feedback we received and add those items to the fix list.

As I have stated before that Sky Force will be closely tied to Environment Force so that is the main reason why Technical Update 2.1 has been delayed in the past.  

Hi!

Ok, so I'm a little confused about the updates. My question is: What update will contain the Smooth Weather Transition, and when (approximately) it will be released?

Thanks!

Edited by Danutzzz

14 hours ago, rstough said:

Hey.
@rstough Thank you for your clarification. But sometimes I wonder when an update on the page sections comes with strange number / letter combinations and when no one explains it in more detail, it becomes a feeling that expectation is going on and the ready will never come. :(

Vesku_63

On 2/6/2019 at 9:11 AM, Danutzzz said:

Hi!

Ok, so I'm a little confused about the updates. My question is: What update will contain the Smooth Weather Transition, and when (approximately) it will be released?

Thanks!

I am sorry for the confusion.

Anything that is listed as a Technical Update is generally an update that includes just fix items.  A Creative Update is a major update, upgrade, or enhancement.  

Technical Update 2.1 - is currently being tested by our Insider Program group and our QA Testers.  These are left over fixes that have been reported since 2.0 was released.

Creative Update 1 - is our very major update.  This will include a lot of new features as well as include the Weather Force add-on.  Our rebuilt weather engine that includes smoothing.  This is presently in development.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 10:17 PM, vesku_63 said:

Hey.
@rstough Thank you for your clarification. But sometimes I wonder when an update on the page sections comes with strange number / letter combinations and when no one explains it in more detail, it becomes a feeling that expectation is going on and the ready will never come. :(

Vesku_63

I am very sorry for the confusion it causes.  From now on I will not state the PB version.

6 hours ago, rstough said:

I am sorry for the confusion.

Anything that is listed as a Technical Update is generally an update that includes just fix items.  A Creative Update is a major update, upgrade, or enhancement.  

Technical Update 2.1 - is currently being tested by our Insider Program group and our QA Testers.  These are left over fixes that have been reported since 2.0 was released.

Creative Update 1 - is our very major update.  This will include a lot of new features as well as include the Weather Force add-on.  Our rebuilt weather engine that includes smoothing.  This is presently in development.

Well, thanks! Now I understand how it works! 

@rstough

Not a problem, but so will a lot of information and numbers that this grandpa not gonna keep up with.

Vesku_63

Good luck REX Team....You guys are awesome and love Sky Force 3D, just purchased yesterday along with World Wide Airports even though I've been waiting so long for SimAir!..lol   Please REX, don't give up on SimAir.  SimAir is going to make REX lot's of $$$$ with this unique addon.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

rstough says: We will have a small build to push out this week . And  I ask when? Now Saturday morning (Finland) and the week ends.

Vesku_63

Edited by vesku_63

Same comment as Vesku 63 I am start feeling tired.