rstough

DEVELOPER BLOG REX SKY FORCE - NEWS UPDATES

Hello Everyone -

The following items have been identified to be included for the fix list for Technical Update 2.1:

SETTINGS
- Fix max/min visibility sliders not enabled after P3Dv4 volumetric fog turned off
- Validate min altitude feature
- Add initial weather engine start-up slider 
- Make PFPX export a manual setting

STARTUP 
- Change core texture/model install to a minimum level and not high level

SOUND
- Fix precipitation sound files

INSIM BRIEFING
- Fix the flight plan import as overriding the current location of the report

INSYNC 
- Fix issue with the CTD associated with in-sync cloud 

WEATHER ENGINE
- Replace the P3Dv4.0 simconnect DLL to P3Dv4.1 version

INTERACTIVE MAP
- Fix the CTD of the application when some users right-click on the map
- Fix issue with the map showing black with some users

Additional fix items may be added later.

Hello REX Team : )

Any chances for this update? The mid August just passed ;).

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 12:19 AM, rstough said:

REX SKY FORCE 3D - STATUS UPDATE:  DEVELOPMENT PHASE

7/28/2018 -

Technical Update 2.1 is still in the development phase.  We expect to start testing with the beta team and Insider Program in mid-August.  In some of our internal unit testing, we found some additional issues that will be added to this update.

For more direct discussion follow us on our dedicated discord channel:  https://discord.gg/2BvRRda

Is this only to read? No conversations possible?

Scott

• Like 1

REX SKY FORCE STATUS UPDATE: DEVELOPMENT
BUILD: Technical Update 2.1, Creative Update 1
DATE: 12/18/2018

STATUS

Technical Update 2.1 - development is now progressing again that we have stabilized any changes to the interaction with Environment Force.

We plan to initiate some tests with the Insider Program Team before the end of the week, for tests during the holiday season.  This test will include some fixes to the weather engine and mapping system.

Creative Update 1 - no new information at this time.

NEXT UPDATE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 11 , 2019

11 hours ago, Swapnil Kapadia said:

Please make changes to the weather engine so that it becomes less Resource Hungry (CPU and HDD usage)

You can make those changes yourself. Choose lower res textures.

I have NO FPS penalty when using high spec textures, so I'm not quite sure what you're own about? And the selection of textures and HDD drive usage is a matter for the individual and their system.

Do show the graphs of `resource hungry` things are on your system, which you need to reveal in full if you want advice. It's likely as not to the root cause of YOUR problems.

23 hours ago, Alox said:

Still waiting for the technical update 2.1 for insider program >:(!!!!!

Could you stop your Blog spamming, please?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi! In the next update, will the wind change be more smooth? At the moment, when i fly, if the weather refreshes, my plane is going crazy (loosing speed / altitude). Thanks!

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2019 at 8:25 PM, Danutzzz said:

Hi! In the next update, will the wind change be more smooth? At the moment, when i fly, if the weather refreshes, my plane is going crazy (loosing speed / altitude). Thanks!

have you tried using fsuipc to smooth out any wind or pressure changes?

Edited by terry57

I hope you really fix this REX realistic weather. (Skyforce). I was flying MMSD - MUVR, night flight. I use SimBrief flight data. Between MZT-IMODA REXWX   started and raised my FL370-FL410. ATC asks me to the height FL370. When I get to FL370, REXWX started a new start and dropped me to FL310 and again ATC asked me to get up to FL370. This cannot be used as such. This is a really disgusting problem and you have had more than a year to fix this. This is not fun to fly with this REX SKYFORCE. 

Already give it 2.1 update out. I ask and I'm not the only one

Sorry my bad English, i'm from Finland.

Regards: Vesku_63

Posted (edited)

I know guys that you are working in Environment Force but i think most of the user they are still having problems with Sky force.
I think you should focus in WeatherForce and technical updates for SkyForce, otherwise when you release Enviroment Force we will continue with most of the following problems:

1.- Environmental Desynchronization.
2.- Visibility above 30000FT.
3.- Just One Weather Engine Injection.
4.- No Smooth Transitions During Weather Updates
5.- Still Problem with HDD Writting.
6.- Clouds bad pixelated.
7.- Heavy hitting FPS texture at Dawn and Dust.

Regards.

Edited by Alox
  • Like 1

So, it seems like this sky force has been time backward , all the others have been hit very many times, but this 2.1 update will only wait for itself.

Every week comes the announcement that the next announcement will come next week.

regards: Vesku_63 from Finland

And because of this constand whining shiat have the most devs stopped to say ANYTHING about their upcoming products.

So, you sissies: thx for nothing!

Posted (edited)

You can call us what ever you want. The reality here is like nine months ago Sky Force was released and continues without working correctly.

This should not happen regardless of the type of business. In the oil and gas sector imagine that a customer claims you for a rusty pipe and you will respond something like that: The Line pipe works it is only a little rusty.

Nobody is doing a favor to anyone, Someone is selling a product and someone is buying it. You must have the maturity to respect the specifications of what you are selling, the customer will not matter to know why you could not reach or develop it correctly.

I still can not understand why sky force was launched knowing that it would had so many errors and that it would need other applications to work.

From my point of view it was sold to be able to obtain a source of money ahead of time, in other words the customer was cheated.

Regards.

Edited by Alox

22 hours ago, Alox said:

Environmental Desynchronization.

This is not a wide-spread issue for all, however it's being looked at for the upcoming update.

22 hours ago, Alox said:

Just One Weather Engine Injection.

Again, not a wide-spread issue for all and is being looked at for the upcoming update.

22 hours ago, Alox said:

No Smooth Transitions During Weather Updates

We are incorporating Weather Force INTO Sky Force for free which accomplishes smooth weather updates. But you already knew this.

22 hours ago, Alox said:

Still Problem with HDD Writting

Not a wide-spread issue, and we're still looking into this. If we can track it down, we will include it in the upcoming update.

22 hours ago, Alox said:

Clouds bad pixelated.

Sorry, but this is NOT a valid argument. Especially considering the quality of our content.

22 hours ago, Alox said:

Heavy hitting FPS texture at Dawn and Dust.

This has been a KNOWN issue since FSX came on the scene, as the sim engine runs multiple rendering passes during these times of days. I have already discussed this with you. One thing to try is setting TRANSLUCENT_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE to 256 in the Prepar3D.cfg file to see if this helps.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 4:52 AM, terry57 said:

have you tried using fsuipc to smooth out any wind or pressure changes?

No, how can i do that?

On 12/19/2018 at 4:31 AM, rstough said:

REX SKY FORCE STATUS UPDATE: DEVELOPMENT
BUILD: Technical Update 2.1, Creative Update 1
DATE: 12/18/2018

STATUS

Technical Update 2.1 - development is now progressing again that we have stabilized any changes to the interaction with Environment Force.

We plan to initiate some tests with the Insider Program Team before the end of the week, for tests during the holiday season.  This test will include some fixes to the weather engine and mapping system.

Creative Update 1 - no new information at this time.

NEXT UPDATE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 11 , 2019

Hi @rstough  !

When will the update be released ? Thanks a lot!

• Like 1