IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FIRST Read more... ×
Mike123

Forthcoming REX products

So Skyforce 3D Hotfix/Technical fix 2 is here and has certainly resolved a lot of the issues that users have had. Unfortunately, the duration of waiting for fixes 1 and 2 has been painfully long in coming bearing in mind that this product was launched in early January 2018 and hyped since December 2016. Being launched as a completed product has led buyers to believe, and rightly so, that it would work as advertised.

I love REX products and am not here to knock any of the team, but I do think you miscalculated badly with Skyforce. I'm sure that many of us regular REX users will forgive and forget now that most of the issues have been resolved and maybe with one of two further fixes, Skyforce will become a polished product. What I do think is a shame is that many new customers that were attracted to Skyforce will be disappointed and not so eager to try further or existing REX products. At the end of the day REX is a business that needs to expand it's customer base and thrive from a good reputation in the marketplace.

So, here is my suggestion. Why not sell future products in a reasonably advanced stage of beta. Many of your competitors already do this. At least that way customers will know exactly what they are buying into. They won't feel let down and will appreciate the honesty. Bugs will be expected and customers will have the opportunity of participating in improving the product. Your entire customer base will be your beta testers instead of just a few selected individuals.

So, that's my 2 cents worth. It may not be a feasible idea with complex REX programs, but I'd be interested to hear your views and from anyone else that thinks this is worth pursuing.

Regards to all at REX

Mike

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for your kind words and candid input.

Your proposal surely can remain here in hopes for more open communication by the community.

Cheers!

22 hours ago, Mike123 said:

So, here is my suggestion. Why not sell future products in a reasonably advanced stage of beta. Many of your competitors already do this. At least that way customers will know exactly what they are buying into. They won't feel let down and will appreciate the honesty. Bugs will be expected and customers will have the opportunity of participating in improving the product. Your entire customer base will be your beta testers instead of just a few selected individuals.

Adjusting the beta testing process is one of the main things we've been looking at since the release of Sky Force, and with the internal beta team we've changed a lot of the processes we've used to allow for more thorough testing, and prevent some of the major issues we had with release.

A wider testing base is exactly our intention with the Insider Program: to allow those who are willing to test new updates to our products so that we can have a smoother update process. As frustrating as the wait for Technical Update 2 was for all of us, one of the reasons why it took some time was we kept revising builds to the Insider Program (and our beta team) until we had everything ironed out.

Just to give you some insights on our beta testing thoughts. :)

Thank you for your comments. It's good to know that lessons are being learnt since Skyforce was launched. I guess what you are intending to do with future products goes a long way towards what I suggested in the first place. It's nice to know that your company does listen to customers and is constantly reappraising it's approach to new launches.

Regards,

Mike

Thank YOU, Mike, for giving us your suggestions! We always welcome constructive feedback and try our best to address our customer base's concerns.