frcabot

CLOSED Overdrive download?

Hello,

I purchased REX Essential Plus a long time ago, in 2013 or so. As I recall, Overdrive at one time became a free upgrade for people who already had REX Essential +. I haven't played in a long time but was thinking of booting up FSX -- it appears that the installation at one point became corrupt over the years. I went back to flightsimstore where I originally purchased the product, and while they provided a link for REX Essential Plus SP3, it doesn't include Overdrive. Is there any way to download the up-to-date Overdrive package? 

Also, what is the current equivalent of REX Essential + w/ Overdrive? And what are the differences between the products?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

If you would like REX Essential Plus w/ OverDrive, please email our Tier 2 support team at support@rexgamestudios.com

Our most recent product is REX Sky Force, which is a complete overhaul of sky and cloud textures, all new cloud models, and a new weather engine. We also have Worldwide Airports, which is a comprehensive overhaul of the default airport and runway textures.

For water textures, we have REX 4 Texture Direct, in addition to REX Essential.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks, I'll e-mail them.

Can you explain the difference between Sky Force, REX 4 Weather Architect, REX 4 Texture Direct, and Clouds? Does Sky Force include textures for clouds, water, etc.? It's not clear what the differentiator between these products are. As I recalled REX Essentials Plus included cloud, water, and weather textures, modification of weather, etc. Do I need separate products now for cloud textures, water textures, weather modification, etc.?

• Thanks 1

Hi there,

I apologize that I never answered this question before!

Sky Force, our latest product, adds brand new cloud models, as well as new cloud and sky textures, into the simulator. It also includes a real-time weather engine. Many old common issues, such as repeating or upside-down clouds, no longer occur with Sky Force.

REX 4 Weather Architect is a custom weather engine, allowing you to create your own weather scenarios on a map and fly through them.

REX 4 Texture Direct has textures in the same areas that REX Essential does, although they are all 100% unique. The Soft Clouds package adds textures of clouds with very soft edges around them for a very immersive "puffy" look.