jfmitch

CLOSED Loss of VC and strange colours

I never had this happen in any sim over my past 15 years.  I recently added Skyforce and am wondering if it and P3D V4.2 have a problem.  I was in my PC-24 on approach to CYHZ at about 4000' in rain when suddenly my VC disappeared and was replaced with a blank light greyish/blue coloured screen.  I checked an outside view and got (see photos attached).  Moments before at 5000' all was well (outside sky photo).

SnapShot_180310_072452.jpg

SnapShot_180310_072343.jpg

SnapShot_180310_072517.jpg

Hmmm.. That top image I get too, now that I've upgraded to v4.2. But I get nothing on the outside view either. Uninstall and re-install of SF3D did not help. If I wait long enough (I guess untill the next weather update) I get my image back, but it's not very convenient when in the midst of a landing.

I'm starting to wonder what exactly I have gained by buying this instead of sticking to AS16.

I wonder if REX has gotten together with LM about this?

2 hours ago, jfmitch said:

I wonder if REX has gotten together with LM about this?

We have reported many things in hopes to have a more solid platform.

Are you running the REX weather engine in those screenshots?

Yes REX weather as well as REX Texture Direct

From the list of our HOTFIX that is coming soon, pay special attention to #8 in red:

WEATHER ENGINE:

1. Improve weather injection accuracy between injections.
  2. Fix assorted .net errors during injection process.
  3. Fix OAT / TAT/ SAT temperature issues with aircraft at climbs and higher altitudes.
  4. Fix Altimeter jumps during weather injections.
  5. Fix missing cloud layers.
  6. Fix visibility haze issue with FSX and FSX Steam users when visibility is reported at 10SM.
  7. Fix issue of weather not injecting for P3D v4.0 users.
  8. Fix issue of visibility being rendered at zero and causing cockpit to not be shown.
  9. Reduce the number of simconnect hits to sim.
  10. Change RESET button to REFRESH the main interface.

I'm paying attention. And I have been paying attention for some time now. And yet, here's to another weekend of flying without a weather engine... :'(

1 hour ago, JPS said:

I'm paying attention. And I have been paying attention for some time now. And yet, here's to another weekend of flying without a weather engine... :'(

We appreciate your patience in the matter, however until our dev team, beta team and Inside Program members who are actively testing the updates actually give the go ahead, we cannot release.