Trinidad

RESOLVED Pre purchase questions

Posted (edited)

I am presently using AS16 + ASCA + ENVTEX. My simulated flights are essentially long hauls from Europe to Asia, or from North America to Pacific or South America or Australia, hence a lot of weather variations  including several types of very different clouds.

For example, when doing a flight from EGLL to WSSS at this time of the year, this will involve a wide array of cloud structures and textures. Using AS16 as the weather engine, would REX SF3 be able to manage this for me and how?

Do I need to select a set of clouds before starting P3Dv4?

Lastly, do I understand SF3D would also handle several layers of clouds? (I am presently running up to seven layers).

Thank you for your kind clarifications.

Jean-Claude

Edited by Trinidad

Hi Jean-Claude,

6 hours ago, Trinidad said:

...as the weather engine, would REX SF3 be able to manage this for me and how?

As there are many customers already using pretty much the same configuration you are currently, SF3D work great in this environment. Simply disable the REX weather engine within SF, and allow it to remain open so it can sync the correct cloud models structures in realtime during flight.

Do I need to select a set of clouds before starting P3Dv4?

At installation everything is already taken care of. No real need to change anything. Only if for aesthetics.

Lastly, do I understand SF3D would also handle several layers of clouds? (I am presently running up to seven layers).

Yes.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for these points.

However perhaps my first question was not correctly formulated, my main concern is what the cloud rendition (natures, structures, textures) will be on long haul flights like London to Singapore, Toronto to Sao Paulo, Chicago to Honolulu, Zurich to Bangkok, where one would cross weather conditions and aerology systems drastically different - especially during winter season in the Northern Hemisphere -, how will AS16+REX SF3D cope with that in sorting out clouds?

Having flown for years in the Far-East as a pilot, my experience was that weather systems would certainly not be similar appearance-wise to what you find in Europe or in North-America, or South-America.

Is this too sophisticated for simulations yet, or is this covered adequately with the weather engine and REX?

I also realise that most "simmers" remain in their known "territory" (European fly in Europe, Americans in America...), few venture beyond those geographical boundaries (that explains why so few Asian sceneries are available for flight simulation), consequently wont bother much about such refinements...

Thank you for your kind help.

Edited by Trinidad

Hi Jean-Claude,

I think you are expecting too much from a consumer simulator stand point, including with add-ons etc. I highly doubt any commercial simulator could achieve this either.

However, in Sky Force, unlike any other program on the market we do model many more types of weather systems.