kjetihaa

CLOSED Sky Force 3D Networked setup

As I can't find out in the Sky Force 3D manual. Is it possible to install Sky Force on a networked computer? And still make it work with the cloud sync (and what ever else necessary) on the server P3Dv4 computer?!

Kjetil

5 hours ago, kjetihaa said:

As I can't find out in the Sky Force 3D manual. Is it possible to install Sky Force on a networked computer? And still make it work with the cloud sync (and what ever else necessary) on the server P3Dv4 computer?!

Kjetil

Thank you for your question.

The key is setting up your main flight simulator folder as a networked drive and then setting that in the Flight Simulator folder within REX Sky Force.  Are you going to be using the Weather Engine within SF?

Im wondering this too and trying it out. Yes I want to use the weather engine in skyforce. Setup simconnect but it will not connect to p3d. It recognizes the directory but no injection

10 hours ago, rstough said:

The key is setting up your main flight simulator folder as a networked drive and then setting that in the Flight Simulator folder within REX Sky Force.  Are you going to be using the Weather Engine within SF?

Ok. I'm gonna  try that, thank you. And I'm going to use the SF weather engine. Anyway, is there a problem with the weather injection by doing it this way? As auzziemale talks about?!

Edited by kjetihaa

Hi folks, 

Thank you for your questions in regards to network setup.

We will put together some documentation on this in the next couple of days. Thank you for your patience.

I was wondering if the docs for network setup had been completed. Just bought SF 3D and have not set it up yet.

I would rather set it up on my laptop.

Edited by viper245

Offical documents have not been completed yet, but the procedures are these:

Simconnect network setup is the same process since when FSX was originally released.  

Here is a link to a tool to help with that:  http://rexgamestudios.mediafire.com/file/82ash9hlnagjjgq/SimConnect_Config_Tool_1.0_Beta_1.zip

*** Probably has been updated since.

To have textures and models moved you need to create a network drive of your main simulator folder.  Set within REX Sky Force this network drive.

Example would be Z:\Prepar3D v4

I have various programs on a client PC which are used for  FSX and P3Dv4.1 and connect using SimConnect some of them need ports opened in the network to share info others like activesky use dll files on the server to communicate to the client PC.  I have installed REX SkyForce onto my client PC and set its Folder to be shared with the network,  my Prepar3D v4.1 Folder was already set as a shared folder on my Server PC and mapped as a network drive on the client PC.  With logging enabled in REX Skyforce I receive 3 error boxes one after the other showing the weather engine files unable to communicate to the simulator.  If I go to my simulator PC the Server and open rexskyforce from a network drive the program opens and the weather engine starts and the green bar shows on the screen telling me that REX is injecting the weather as soon as it finishes the simulator is left with clear skies and no weather changes but the default weather that is shown when P3d is started is cleared.  The RexskyForce weather display map and metar stations show the weather exactly as activesky readings also the briefing weather tool in P3d dictate the weather as it should be just its not being injected into the sim.

I have the most recent REX SkyForce updated and both PCs are running using Windows 10 Home and net framework 4.7 activated.

Is there a dll file line to be added to my Prepar3d dll.xml file or a particular port number to be opened on both PCs.

On 02.01.2018 at 7:20 AM, rstough said:

I'm not going to be using the Weather Engine within SF. What does it change in respect to the rest of networked installation of SF 3D?

Same question here for networked installation/usage as i have the problem too as stated in another post. When "networked installation" menu item is ticked the app isn't usable and crashes after a short time.

6 hours ago, Arlet said:

What does it change in respect to the rest of networked installation of SF 3D?

Nothing.