aayyppxx

ANSWERED Best compression for the TD textures

Hello

I use REX TD+SC with P3D v4, alongside with ASP4. I was warned by a couple of my fellow simmers over at my VA, to be careful using the Cloud textures as ASP4 tends to draw multiple layers of clouds in some cases and this can lead to a big drop in framerates. There are 2 types of compression algorithms offered by REX, but I do not know which is better. I have currently used the low res textures supplied by REX along with 32bit compression. Are the DXT 5 or 32bit better for perfromance ?

Thanks

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:40 AM, aayyppxx said:

Hello

I use REX TD+SC with P3D v4, alongside with ASP4. I was warned by a couple of my fellow simmers over at my VA, to be careful using the Cloud textures as ASP4 tends to draw multiple layers of clouds in some cases and this can lead to a big drop in framerates. There are 2 types of compression algorithms offered by REX, but I do not know which is better. I have currently used the low res textures supplied by REX along with 32bit compression. Are the DXT 5 or 32bit better for perfromance ?

Thanks

Thank you for your great question. DXT5 is better optimized for use than the native 32bit.